AVP chronicles: lego AVP fanfilm

Started by darkbladepred, May 09, 2007, 01:46:26 AM

Author
AVP chronicles: lego AVP fanfilm (Read 9,586 times)

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Yeah, It's a fan film... yeah it's animated with legos. If that sentence bothers you just turn back now. The campy idea of a lego AVP movie will either make or break the movie for you (hopefully the first choice) It's still a serious movie with lots of gore and violence. It takes place in a future setting: not the usual marinesXaliens with preds thrown in, but with all three species playing a part in the plot of the movie. There's already a website up:

http://avpchronicles.tripod.com

And multiple trailers over the past few months:

http://www.youtube.com/ultragoji

No poster as of yet... if someone wants to submit a poster for fun that would be great. The entire film should be done within the next few weeks... unless recording voice-overs takes longer than anticipated. It looks like it will run close to feature lenght despite the fast pace.

The soundtrack already has FOR SURE
-multiple tracks by SUM 41,
-at least 1 track by LINKIN PARK,
-"VENDETTA" by... ??? I don't know. I don't even know where I first got that song
-The predator theme song

If anyone has any suggestions for that tell me please.

Criticism is welcome but no "this movie is gonna' suck" posts pleeeeaaase.

Corporal Hicks

Lego doesn't bother me. Site looks good, story sounds promising and the idea of Lego is fantastic but...from the trailer...I hope the focus isn't like that all through the film.  :-\

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

We've reshot multiple scenes because we've had trouble focusing on the one inch lego people. That's one of the biggest problems with using legos. >:( It makes me angry frankly...

Nightmare

looks nice! when will it be ready?

the predator head is a "krana" right? those bionicle things that come with bohrok or something?

if possible get a better camera, detail would be cool. also maybe better host im other place than youtube.

Uncanny Antman

Dude, if a new camera is out of the question, you should pick up a new lens.  I have one for my teensy little handicam that has a helluva kick-ass close focus.  I can get a pin-sharp focus on an ant.  Cost me about ninety bucks six or seven years ago, so there's likely much better ones for much less money these days.

darkbladepred

Quote from: Nightmare on May 29, 2007, 01:53:51 PM
looks nice! when will it be ready?

the predator head is a "krana" right? those bionicle things that come with bohrok or something?

if possible get a better camera, detail would be cool. also maybe better host im other place than youtube.

Yeah, the predators' masks are bionicle faces. I don't know what you'd call the things, as Tyler and Jack know more about the Bionicles than me.

The movie will be ready in just a few more weeks. We need to record the voice-overs, and put a final cut together. So yeah, by the end of June if not sooner it will be done. I thought about putting it up on youtube, but then I'd have to divide it into parts. Anyone know of somewhere else I could upload it for free? I know AVP galaxy hosted Predator:the harvest.

And for the sequel we MAY be using a better camera if one is available by then...

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 29, 2007, 02:19:15 PM
Dude, if a new camera is out of the question, you should pick up a new lens.  I have one for my teensy little handicam that has a helluva kick-ass close focus.  I can get a pin-sharp focus on an ant.  Cost me about ninety bucks six or seven years ago, so there's likely much better ones for much less money these days.

And I hadn't even thought about the lense. That would be cheaper than getting a whole new camera.

Nightmare

host in google video, the file can have more then 100 mb,at least punisher vs predatir has,and it is hosted in there, i probably will host avp:dna in there to, so ppl can download

video.google.com

you have to sign up

darkbladepred

Okay update:

-Total film length: 48 minutes and 12 seconds. (including credits)

-and also I watched my cut of the movie with the Producer and the Art director/lego expert. Other than some small alterations the movie was deemed: READY FOR VOICE RECORDING!

...And in case that wasn't enough of an update for a new post: Does anyone have the music from aliens where the marines are fighting the aliens, and ripley drives through the wall in the APC? If nothing else I want to use it when the sequel rolls around. (it should be in .WAV format)

And also one more thing: A movie poster. I know a poster isn't even a big deal, but I could use some suggestions, or even artwork by someone. I'd put their name in the credits for it, and on the website.

Nightmare

im not sure what music that is (i need to watch aliens again) but i think i have it in mp3, i can convert it in wav format for you if you want. but im not sure if i have it.

darkbladepred

Quote from: Nightmare on Jun 04, 2007, 01:23:17 PM
im not sure what music that is (i need to watch aliens again) but i think i have it in mp3, i can convert it in wav format for you if you want. but im not sure if i have it.

I think the movie maker can read MP3 as well. That would be okay. Thanks for any help you can offer.

SiL

SiL

Oooh, interesting. I'm actually working on my own Lego fan-film as we speak. Medieval knights vs. Aliens, basically. Got another on YouTube somewhere.

Looking forward to it.

darkbladepred

Okay! I am desperate for someone to create a poster for the movie! It doesn't need to be anything complicated... It's just that I don't have photoshop, and While some of my drawings are decent I don't trust myself to make the poster.  If someone does submit a poster I'll include their name in the credits, and on the website. I made an announcement on the site: http://avpchronicles.tripod.com The requirements are in the announcementon the site.

and the e-mail to send any movie related stuff is: sparky.1001@hotmail.com

This is one of the last things I need besides to finish the voices for the movie. Then in the next couple days I'll upload it on Google video, or in parts on youtube.

darkbladepred

Okay, Big news! This monday voices will be recorded over the course of four hours (or more), then the movie is pretty much done! It's been along six months... Also I uploaded a temporary poster, and a little bit of concept art to the site: http://avpchronicles.tripod.com

Corporal Hicks

Have the focus issues been sorted?

Vader the White

I saw that the Pred masks were Krana, and the Alien head was a Kraata (another BIONICLE piece). Oddly enough, I was going to use the Krana as a facehugger and the Kraata as a chestburster in my own LEGO Alien movie (I'm going to do the characters with BIONICLE parts).

This is well done and nice music.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed