Reviews

Started by Purebreedalien, Feb 08, 2008, 04:23:34 PM

Author
Reviews (Read 2,249 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Review PCJ. I can't post my review yet as I can't be bothered to play the level I'm stuck on  :-\
Post away!  ;D

Master Chief

Master Chief

Which level are you stuck on?

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I know what to do but I can't be bothered to play it. Thanks anyway MC.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I wasn't going to help you you jerk!  I just wanted to know what level you were on so I can LMAO at your expense...;)

Aeus

Aeus

^ Pfft, you're a shit reviewer.

Take notes.

The game was good, and the first three levels or so made me really feel like the Predator. 7/10.

War Wager

War Wager

Pros

The game makes you feel like a Predator; the best thing a game like this could want the player to feel. Skull ripping, shooting off heads, splitting bodies in half with glaives, snapping backs and slitting throats are all seen in a bloody but strangely satifying way, a good move after seeing a child firendly AvP the year before. The levels are all well made, although what you actually do in levels usually consists of kill this guy, follow this guy, kill this guy. Something which can quickly become repetative. But to keep the player going, the game bosts a really good solid story, which is full of interesting characters that keep it flowing nicely. It's nice to see that the game tries to tie in with the Alien/Predator universe by continuing Predator culture/M.O.T.H.E.R/Yutani etc. I think the story is one of the main strenghts of the game, something that most movie inspired games today lack. Another thing the game does great is the overall look and feel of Scarface. He bosts the attitude, weapons, abilities that make him a classic example of the creature we know and love. Everything from the vision modes to comoflage are just brilliant.

Cons

Overall a good game but some things just drag it down. One of them being the sh*t graphics. The visuals on Scarface are really good and all (nice reflections on the armour/mask) but everything else is just bland (humans/buildings). Also the addition of Aliens kinda downgraded the whole 'Predator game' a bit. Aliens and Predators should be seen only in AvP games. The Aliens themselves, although they attack in hoards, are piss easy and not really worth getting exiting about fighting. Also the civilian vioce-overs are way too repeatative, some even annoying. I was disappionted to see that the netgun never made it into the final game, would have been fun to use, but the game has a wide variety of weapons/gadgets anyway.

7/10

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The game was ok if you ask me. The gameplay was fun at first but it got to boring and the graphics where at a Dreamcast level. Also the camera is really annoying and the story is kiddin silly at some points. I give it a 6/10.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Aeus on Feb 10, 2008, 04:35:43 PM

Take notes.

The game was good, and the first three levels or so made me really feel like the Predator. 7/10.

Probably the best review I've ever read in my entire life.  Notes taken.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 08, 2008, 09:49:21 PM
I wasn't going to help you you jerk!  I just wanted to know what level you were on so I can LMAO at your expense...;)
Thanks ever so much MC. Now I wont tell you. If you hunt about a bit in the boards and topics you could find out lol.
Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 11, 2008, 03:24:22 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Feb 10, 2008, 04:35:43 PM

Take notes.

Probably the best review I've ever read in my entire life.  Notes taken.
^^^
Lol  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed