Idea

Started by Alienseseses, Feb 03, 2008, 02:17:08 AM

Author
Idea (Read 3,759 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 03, 2008, 05:29:55 AM
why are you being so thick? i am not talking about queens. other than the queen there is no other type of alien. they are all warriors of drones or adults or whatever you want to call them.
There may be more. Now there is more, in fact. In AVP-R, the facehuggers are different. you can see it in the film, and the Directors confirmed.

marrerom

marrerom

no it didnt. all the aliens were the same. no different castes.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 03, 2008, 05:35:31 AM
no it didnt. all the aliens were the same. no different castes.
And you call me thick? The ones in AVP-R are different.

marrerom

marrerom

saying it doesnt make it true. got any examples as to how they are different?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 03, 2008, 05:37:33 AM
Different color, director quotes.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

If there isn't a difference between the young Queen from AVP and the warriors in AVP:R, why doesn't she have the same head? Her head is semi-transparent like the previous ones. If she's molting into a Queen in the absence of one, then her design would be like the rest if there is no caste. Thus, we should be seeing her with a shelled head that has the crest developing. But we don't. That's not just something that's made up. It's an actual visual difference, and a discrepancy if you believe there are no castes.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 03, 2008, 05:41:04 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 03, 2008, 05:37:33 AM
Different color, director quotes.

the alien from Alien is a different color than the ones from Aliens and so on. by your logic they are all different castes..... you see how that doesnt work?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Feb 03, 2008, 05:41:38 AM
If there isn't a difference between the young Queen from AVP and the warriors in AVP:R, why doesn't she have the same head? Her head is semi-transparent like the previous ones. If she's molting into a Queen in the absence of one, then her design would be like the rest if there is no caste. Thus, we should be seeing her with a shelled head that has the crest developing. But we don't. That's not just something that's made up. It's an actual visual difference, and a discrepancy if you believe there are no castes.
What young queen in AVP?

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Feb 03, 2008, 05:41:38 AM
If there isn't a difference between the young Queen from AVP and the warriors in AVP:R, why doesn't she have the same head?

this doesnt make sense.ones a queen and the others are warriors. of course there is a difference.

QuoteHer head is semi-transparent like the previous ones. If she's molting into a Queen in the absence of one, then her design would be like the rest if there is no caste. Thus, we should be seeing her with a shelled head that has the crest developing. But we don't. That's not just something that's made up. It's an actual visual difference, and a discrepancy if you believe there are no castes.

i'm not following...your saying the young predalien queen is different looking then the warriors? well.....yeah

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

QuoteWhat young queen in AVP?

"From," not "in." It was a chestburster created from the same facehuggers we've seen time and time again. She's not a part of the same Aliens whose facehuggers were in the AVP:R ship.

Quotethe alien from Alien is a different color than the ones from Aliens and so on.

One word- camouflage. :)

Quotethis doesnt make sense.ones a queen and the others are warriors. of course there is a difference.

i'm not following...your saying the young predalien queen is different looking then the warriors? well.....yeah

What I'm saying is that it shouldn't be that different at all. If this is just a case of design quirks like you say it is (one film having Aliens that look different from another just due to design) and the caste issue is completely fanfiction, it should have the same solid exoskeleton material covering the front of its head. It doesn't. The transparency is a trait from the domed Aliens in AVP. That's not just an issue of a Queen being different from the Aliens with doodads like the crest and the tail; it's an issue of a creature from one film's Aliens having a very specific trait in a film where the Aliens look different.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Feb 03, 2008, 05:53:28 AM

What I'm saying is that it shouldn't be that different at all. If this is just a case of design quirks like you say it is (one film having Aliens that look different from another just due to design) and the caste issue is completely fanfiction,

which it is.

Quoteit should have the same solid exoskeleton material covering the front of its head. 

huh? why that? different design team made the pred queen. it would look different. just like how they look different in all the movies.
it should have the same solid exoskeleton material covering the front of its head. It doesn't. The transparency is a trait from the domed Aliens in AVP. That's not just an issue of a Queen being different from the Aliens with doodads like the crest and the tail; it's an issue of a creature from one film's Aliens having very specific traits in a film where the Aliens look different.

i still am not 100% sure of what you mean.  :-\

the see through dome on the predalien was a homage to the original alien made by giger.

marrerom

marrerom

One word- camouflage.   

and this explains why the facehuggers were a darker color in the forest  :)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 03, 2008, 06:17:15 AM
One word- camouflage.   

and this explains why the facehuggers were a darker color in the forest  :)

Dude, they were dark in the tubes.

marrerom

marrerom

well the ship was also very dark. but, whatever  :D

you still have yet to give a reason as to why you think the avp-r aliens were a different caste than other aliens we have see.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Ok, I am offcially confused by the argument that's going on.  Anyways, I like the idea that the OP posted, allthough it needs a little working, and I also like other exlpanations like it being a young queen just as much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed