The pros of Alien Vs Predator:Requiem

Started by Yautja/Alien_lover, Jan 29, 2008, 07:11:07 AM

Author
The pros of Alien Vs Predator:Requiem (Read 5,872 times)

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Hello everyone,I'm a newbie here and have been a fan of the Alien and Predator species since the late 80s. Anyways,I am certain that there isn't a thread like the one I just made,but if there is I apologize. About AVP:Requiem I thought it wasn't without it's cons but enjoyed it much more than Aliens Vs Predator.

The reasons I liked AVP:Requiem were because of the following:

-There wasn't a human/Predator team up
-There was sufficient action
-Basically everyone in the town died
-The movie didn't have the made for tv or direct to video quality look
-The Alien species wasn't messed around with too much
-The homages
-Wolf
-The tone of the movie
-The special effects
-The music
-The sound effects
-New Predator stuff (the whip,blue liquid,whatever else that there is)
-The atmosphere because it was dark and raining

So,what would all of your pros exactly be in regards to the movie?? (if any)

marrerom

pros:

my eyes didnt bleed when i watched it.

cons:

it made me violently ill.

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: marrerom on Jan 29, 2008, 07:24:15 AM
pros:

my eyes didnt bleed when i watched it.

cons:

it made me violently ill.

I see.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Pros:

-The opening ship sequence
-This Predator's plasma gun (I just think it's awesome)
-The Predator design
-Decimation Proclamation

Cons:

[I'm not bothering to put it all in here, so I'll just say it's a very, very long list]

Tender Branson

Tender Branson

The soundtrack: I'd give it only half a point though for being absolutely unoriginal. Yeah, it's all great to hear the same eerie sounds from Aliens and the adrenaline pumping drums from Predator. However for me it worked backwards, since all it did was remind me the fantastic films this belongs to. Also, it's getting pretty tiresome to represent the soundtack as a homage seeing how the whole damn movie is a one big homage.

The Predator: I'd also give it only half a point, because while being better(better mask, overall more reminiscent of the original ones) than the ones in AvP(2004), it certainly had flaws(behaviour, the way it was represented in contrast with the aliens, some of the ridiculous weapons that belong strictly to comic book pages, etc.)

Yautja/Alien_lover

The movie isn't a complete homage,that my friend is a big understatement,it isn't like everything shot for shot was ripped out of the other Alien/Predator movies,all the dialog from them weren't injected,etc.  ;D ;D

Dark Passenger

Pros- Lost my asthma yelling at the cinema screen.

cons- Afterwards i looked like the infected off of the 28 days/weeks movies...

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Jan 29, 2008, 07:51:15 AM
Pros- Lost my asthma yelling at the cinema screen.

cons- Afterwards i looked like the infected off of the 28 days/weeks movies...

*Sighs

Dark Passenger

i swear its true P A lover!!  ::)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The whole thing isn't a rip, but that's mostly because the film makes additions to the canon that the previous films don't. That, and the dialogue/plot (which I won't get into for fear of being drenched in bad memories of it). Everything else is one giant "homage" to Aliens and Predator, sometimes just for the sake of it. Like when the Predator skins a man despite the fact that it's going out of its way to clean up all evidence of alien presence from the area, or how the jungle beats are added in even when the Predator isn't in the forest. From the Alien's head to its sound effects, nothing jumps out with originality that isn't contrived or boring. Heck, even the "Queen" of this film has a transluscent dome for no apparent reason. Everything's a giant wink to something we've already seen.

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Jan 29, 2008, 07:55:24 AM
i swear its true P A lover!!  ::)

Look man,I don't know why you're mad but please don't mindlessly behave to me like an attention you know what. Anyways I'm putting you on ignore since you want to seem to start beef with me for no good reason,I tried to cope with this and it isn't working. I will not give you the satisfaction anymore..

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 29, 2008, 07:56:37 AM
The whole thing isn't a rip, but that's mostly because the film makes additions to the canon that the previous films don't. That, and the dialogue/plot (which I won't get into for fear of being drenched in bad memories of it). Everything else is one giant "homage" to Aliens and Predator, sometimes just for the sake of it. Like when the Predator skins a man despite the fact that it's going out of its way to clean up all evidence of alien presence from the area, or how the jungle beats are added in even when the Predator isn't in the forest. From the Alien's head to its sound effects, nothing jumps out with originality that isn't contrived or boring. Heck, even the "Queen" of this film has a transluscent dome for no apparent reason. Everything's a giant wink to something we've already seen.

Well even though old stuff being reused isn't always good movie wise,I rather prefer that then new stuff which ends up lookin and/or sounding bad. I don't have a problem with fresh material really. Speaking of homages I think Wolf should have been the one to call the PredaAlien an ugly motherf**ker,I just had to get that off of my chest,hehe.

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'm not against references to what's come before; any sequel is expected to make a few. What I'm against is when there are so many references that they become an attempt to make the viewer ignore the flaws.

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

^Well it's for the better,I rather feel happy about a movie instead of being a big baby about
what I am hearing or seeing from it. I appreciate the thought actually. Don't worry,I'm cool with you man.  :)

Tender Branson

QuoteThe movie isn't a complete homage,that my friend is a big understatement,it isn't like everything shot for shot was ripped out of the other Alien/Predator movies,all the dialog from them weren't injected,etc.   

I am not saying every shot was a remake or every piece of dialogue was ripped from the originals. What I'm saying is, the whole movie is an excuse to make us look at numerous homages. It's just had a skeleton made of a simple cliched plot, wrapped with so many homages it becomes tiresome. That's why I prefer Andersons vision of AvP, atleast he had things done his way. And overall FOX partly butchered his AvP(-2 preds, budget constraints, script edits, etc.).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed