Alien Breed was a brilliant Aliens clone

Started by Kimo, Jan 12, 2008, 12:08:00 PM

Author
Alien Breed was a brilliant Aliens clone (Read 7,618 times)

Kimo

Ok this was based heavily but unofficially on Aliens. Back in the days when most of you guys were still swimming about in your fathers ball sack, the was a cool little game called Alien Breed on the Amiga.

Here is some wiki info about the game.

QuoteThe game was based heavily - and unofficially - on the Alien films, specificially Aliens, and also on the 8-bit-era games Laser Squad and Paradroid[2] (although the game bears some gameplay similarities with Gauntlet, with which it has been compared[3], as well an obvious comparison with Sega's Alien Syndrome). Alien Breed consists of the player or players having to find the lift down to the next level, occasionally setting the self destruct sequence to blow up the level above them. The players collect or purchase a variety of weapons from the space station's computer terminals. In some versions of the game, these so called Intex terminals provide additional features such as a clone of the classic computer game Pong. Credits found on the ground have to be saved for these weapons and other enhancements, each giving the players an edge over the gradually more and more powerful Alien forces. In advanced levels, players are occasionally trapped in enclosed spaces with huge "boss" aliens, reminiscent of the Alien Queen.

Encountering aliens on level one (Amiga version).Alien Breed was in many ways a 2D precursor to the popular 1993 FPS Doom[citation needed]. In both games the gameplay invariably consists of clearing each level by rampaging from point A to point B. (The third game in the series, Alien Breed: Tower Assault, introduced non-linear gameplay: some levels do not require to be completed before exiting, and the game can be completed in several different ways).

I remember playing this game when i was in my teens and loved it loads, so was thinking i would make a thread about the game because i see no mention about it.

MIMIC

MIMIC

lol, what a rip off. :D

Private Hudson

Lol, looks good for a rip off.

An-Alien

OMG is that a fake queen? ???

Kimo

Well i did play it and it was a cool game of what i remember.

AcidGlow

nice sprites

Kimo

Kimo

Here is some footage of the game that i found on good old Youtube.

Alien Breed
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5kDLveUjs

Alien Breed 2
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p48bo3VEtKs

EEV2650

What year did this come out? It doesnt look as old as you say it is.

Kimo

Quote from: EEV2650 on Oct 31, 2008, 06:06:18 AM
What year did this come out? It doesnt look as old as you say it is.

I remember playing the first Alien Breed when i was about 15, i am now 30. I remember playing it on the good old amiga and it did have nice graphics for its time.

Wikipedia says it was released in 1991 by Team17 for the Commodore Amiga and later in 1993 by MicroLeague for MS-DOS.

Vakarian

What a rip-off :P ;p;  :D

Kimo

Great news guys, Alien Breed has been remade for XBLA and should be out sometime this year. If anyone has a xbox360 go online and watch this weeks "sent u a message" and the is some footage and info about it.

TJ Doc

I heard about this series a few years ago and I still can't believe I missed out on these games!

But thank God for XBLA!!!

Vulhala

I don't see the similarity............. ::)

S.Y.L

great game! those were the days :)
the 3d one was kind of the Amiga version of Doom i seem to recall (although i thought Gloom was pretty damn sweet as well)

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteAlien Breed
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5kDLveUjs

That clip shows 'Alien Breed 'Special Edtion 92'  same year Aliens Special Edition was realased on VHS, rippoff indeed.  Im going to have to try this on an emulater  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed