Acid burns. *SPOILERS*

Started by Bad Replicant, Dec 29, 2007, 05:52:31 AM

Author
Acid burns. *SPOILERS* (Read 9,107 times)

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

If I'm not remembering this correctly, please set me straight.

I was kind of reviewing the events of AVPR in my head today and remembered something that really bothered me specifically. After Wolf rips Chet's inner jaw out she spews acid everywhere and one of two things magically occurs:

1. None of the acid hits wolf, which is pouring out of the Predalien's mouth, mind you, even though the creatures are face to face.
2. The acid does get all over wolf, but nothing happens.

The same thing goes for Dallas shooting the Alien straight above him, but I thought the thing with Chet at the end was significantly more baffling.

It just seemed so rediculous after the scene in the beginning with the hunter's arm falling off from an acid burn after shooting a facehugger that was about three feet away.

JDubG

JDubG

Yeah, pretty silly I thought as well if you take it seriously.

Predboy

Predboy

Well doesn't this tell you how much thought was put into things when making this film. ::)

gameoverman

gameoverman

The budget couldn't afford a cheap steam effect..  :P

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Well I think Dallas jumped out of the way when the alien parts came back down, and the predalien blood looked a bit like pred blood too.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Dec 29, 2007, 05:57:50 AM
Well I think Dallas jumped out of the way when the alien parts came back down, and the predalien blood looked a bit like pred blood too.

Just another of the Predators "dominant genes" in the hybrid ::)

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

How much more of Wolf do we see after he rips the tongue out?

Not much.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 29, 2007, 06:10:47 AM

Not much.

Um, enough to see that smoke isn't pouring off of his body, which it should be.

Quote from: Khan on Dec 29, 2007, 06:00:40 AM
Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Dec 29, 2007, 05:57:50 AM

Just another of the Predators "dominant genes" in the hybrid ::)

I wonder if it can also get inexplicably detailed schematics of sewers in it's Predalien vision?

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 29, 2007, 06:10:47 AM

Not much.

True, we don't really know if it did burn him or not.

Xhan

Xhan

We saw him enough to know his high pro glow makes him the f**k immune to acid. He never got hit ONCE, the creme de la creme being he's pinned to the conduit by the PukeAlien and STILL doesn't get hit, just like Dallas/Wall and just like Kelly/Helicopter.

It's a novel unheard of new Pred technique called "script immunity" that was stolen by the evil humans.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

THis bugged me too, but, w/e. I can deal with it.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Either they just weren't able to fit the burn effect in the budget, or they took the "Pred pwns ALL" viewpoint a tad too far.

In hindsight, it would have been better if they had this Predator's face whole and then replaced it with the acid-scarred face so they could digitally produce the acid effect later.

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

ok well i heard somewhere that the predalien doesnt have acid blood due to the predator genes and as for dallas the only thing I could say is that he's ricky brothers you know the one that got stabbed by the predalien and lived so im guessing that immortality runs in the family lol

Gonzossm

Gonzossm

I think that predators are invulnerable to the acid from the aliens. in the comics they cut aliens apart and acid goes everywhere but the predators dont burn. its only the silly humans that get burned lol. but yeah the dallas part didnt really make sense

TheAncientEnemy

TheAncientEnemy

Since the predalien was incubated inside of a predator it has harmless and deliciously refreshing Ecto Cooler coursing though its veins as opposed to acidic blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed