Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 874,095 times)

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 12, 2011, 01:30:44 AM
Quote from: georgeromero on Mar 11, 2011, 08:46:05 PM
No demand? Then how come McF. Preds are being sold for ridiculous prices? I understand the fact they are not being manufactured anymore but if they are being sold constantly on online shops, it means there is a demand for them.

No, it just means there's a small supply of them and because retailers know people are suckers, they can charge really high prices for them.

I have seen some other stuff on ebay for funny price and they have been there for ages without any bids and etc. Now this is what i call no demand. In case of AVP toys it's not about retailers, it's people who still buy them at such prices which proves again there's a demand.

Manufacturer A releases series of action figures no more, and the remaining stuff is being sold on e-shops for 3-4 times the original price. I think this is already an opportunity for Manufacturer B to produce it at cheaper price.

Ghostface

Ghostface

NECA aren't doing AVP Preds purely because they don't like the designs. I'm sure if there's a big enough demand they will do them eventually for the money. But for the time being there are no future plans.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Good. Only celtic is interesting to look at, the rest can eat my dust.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: skull-splitter on Mar 12, 2011, 10:13:38 AM
Good. Only celtic is interesting to look at, the rest can eat my dust.

Celtic has the coolest mask in AVP, but the skulls on the Chopper's shoulder make him a unique character  8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The skulls were so weird. Why would he carry them around on pogo sticks strapped to his back? Seemed impractical.

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: Tribal on Mar 12, 2011, 05:09:57 AM
You dont like AVP? Really?  :o

Is that sarcasm? That film is widely regarded as one of the worst things to happen to the Alien or Predator series.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 13, 2011, 03:33:32 AM
The skulls were so weird. Why would he carry them around on pogo sticks strapped to his back? Seemed impractical.

A bit like why Anytime had a skull necklace.

They may be good luck for him, and he probably feels pretty tough with them on, which I imagine would help his confidence.

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: samoht on Mar 13, 2011, 06:19:13 AM

They may be good luck for him, and he probably feels pretty tough with them on, which I imagine would help his confidence.

Having a necklace isn't as awkward as having heads on sticks strapped to your back.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Stalker on Mar 13, 2011, 06:37:50 AM

Having a necklace isn't as awkward as having heads on sticks strapped to your back.

My point still stands in the rest of my previous post.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I sure liked the heads on spikes. But the AvP predators were just so... bland...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The necklace had really tiny skulls on it though; nothing that would hold him back, or at least it seemed that way. Every human skull Anytime took, he kept hidden and stashed. He didn't carry them with him into battle.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Well, maybe Chopper just had a confidence problem. Seeing as how the AVP-reds were "teenagers" anyways, I bet his big bro loaned him those skulls so that he'd look like the big man on the transport ship.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Stalker on Mar 13, 2011, 05:30:00 AM

Is that sarcasm? That film is widely regarded as one of the worst things to happen to the Alien or Predator series.

Nope! Isn't sarcasm at all! I just love AVP  ;D

Since my childhood I've always been a Alien fan (it was the scariest thing i ever saw in a movie)... but i never cared about predators. To me, the first movie was just a mashup between "Rambo" and "Friday the 13th"... and the second one, was just silly and poorly made (bad director, bad actors, bad acting, bad writing, bad locations choice, etc) the only thing that i liked in Predator2 were the new weapons (and the end, of course, with the Alien skull inside the ship and the Lost Preds) but then i saw "AVP" and it all changed! I loved the predators in that movie and it started my interest in the Yautja species (because it was linked to Aliens, i have to confess).

With the "Predators" movie, my interest in them has become huge, and now I see P1 and P2 as iconic films, but my favorite movies of this franchise are "Predators" and "AVP"...

AVP:R was a mistake! The Wolf Predator was cool, but the Aliens were poorly represented... they looked like Gremlins messing around with the city. The movie has a silly plot and the writing doesn't made any justice to ours beloved species... It always been said in the Alien movies that if an Alien come to Earth it'll be the Armaggedon, the end of human race, but the Aliens spend their whole time killing children in a swimming pool and fighting in a supermarket  >:(

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: Stalker on Mar 13, 2011, 05:30:00 AM

Even though your post isn't directed to me, allow me to write. I feel like to each his own. As a matter of fact i hate Predators but love AVP, it's only second to Predator 2 imho. Therefore i'm in urge to get me Chopper dude.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 11, 2011, 11:39:27 PM
Yeah, Doom meant NECA would rather keep up with films that were actually good.

I can watch it, but it's painful to think of it related to the original movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed