Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 690,761 times)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Oct 08, 2008, 05:30:31 AM
After rewatching AVP...I like AVP more. It's just so much more epic than AVPR. The last 10 minutes are retarded, but the first 2/3 I actually really like. I like how Anderson held off on the creatures, and built up to them. The film has a fantastic look and, for the most part, great special effects. There is actually a lot to like.

i watched it again recently and i agree...it actually tries and build up suspence unline avp-r were its random scene after another..

SM

SM

Tries and fails to build suspense.  Kinda difficult when we know exactly what's going on.

SiL

SiL

Hitchcock would disagree.

SM

SM

Fair point.

Depends on the execution and Paulie ain't no Hitch.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

None the less, I appreciate the effort.

I think it worked to a degree. Not so much that we don't know what's going on, but it builds anticipation to the meeting of the creatures.

And I think it works more for those that didn't follow the production like we did. My dad loved it because he had no idea what the story would be, so everything that happened did surprise him.

Come to think of it, I don't remember much of my dad's reaction to AVPR.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I liked AvP when it first came out. But as I got more and more into it, I realized how dull it was. I don't have the same feeling with AvP:R which is I prefer it.

Predboy

Predboy

After rewatching AVP...I like AVP more. It's just so much more epic than AVPR. The last 10 minutes are retarded, but the first 2/3 I actually really like. I like how Anderson held off on the creatures, and built up to them. The film has a fantastic look and, for the most part, great special effects. There is actually a lot to like.

Thats one thing I liked. It actually had good suspense to it. I was off my seat when I finally saw celtic and grid about to duke it out. AvPR is just......nothing.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

I can't believe threads like this are still going on. Crazy. Anyways, in my eyes, AVP-r showed the nature of the beasts, not, as in AVP, as more or less killers. The Aliens by themselves are gruesome, violent creatures. You can't inject any part of their life cycle, realistically, and make it rated PG-13. Nor can you do that with Predators. The whole ritualistic murder side of the preds can't be taken lightly, and I believe that the skinning of a human being should call for a higher rating. Though I have found many problems with AVP-R, mostly canon issues, AVP was an extremely sad excuse for an alien/predator film. They took the most important elements (chestbursting, impaling, etc...) and watered it down so that it would cater to a younger audience. I believe that is just sad.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I liked the first AVP the day I saw it and when it came out on DVD I liked it even more. It was flawed but not bad, all I wanted was for the 2nd installment to even things out abit. AVP-R could have looked more visually intense than the first AVP. You saw more of the creatures in AVP-R and it did have more action. 

But those positive things were all hidden under poor color grading. What your seeing isn't visually satisfying enough to be entertained. You know something awesome is happening, you know Wolf is doing some cool shit, you know theres Alien Warriors around but you just don't see enough of it to fully appreciate it.

I still hope the bros fix the problem and release another version of the film. I see it as a very positive thing for the film, I really think it would get better reviews and the fans would appreciate it greatly. 

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

As far as a movie goes, the movie gets a good rating from me. But did you notice the lack of blood when a chestburster is tearing, clawing, and shredding them from the inside out? It's just not right. That's like them making Halloween, rated r by the way, without blood or guts. You take the biggest horror monsters that are known for their gruesome killings, and... Anyways. As far as graphics go, and cool scenes, AVP gets a thumbs up. But AVP-R, though I hated it, shows the monsters in their element, the way their supposed to act.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 11, 2008, 03:05:50 AM
I still hope the bros fix the problem and release another version of the film. I see it as a very positive thing for the film, I really think it would get better reviews and the fans would appreciate it greatly. 

I don't think people hate the movie because of the color grading. It makes no difference in whether the movie is good or bad.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I still hope they fix it some day.

SiL

SiL

But it would still be a shithouse film and people would still hate it for all the same reasons, except now they wouldn't have the colour grading to bitch about.

Hello, earth to Phantom. Some people actually see past the shitty colour and dislike the film because it's a shit film, not because they take the grading as some sort of personal assault.

Milan

Milan

I like Avp-r over AVP.
Or I could say that AVP-R makes me vomit lesser than AVP.

But compared with Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Predator and Predator 2. AVP-R doesn't stand a chance.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Neither film does.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed