AVP2 Name not official.

Started by xeno_alpha_07, Apr 13, 2007, 10:25:43 AM

Author
AVP2 Name not official. (Read 11,959 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Got an e-mail that one of the Strause brothers has posted a message in the IMDB forums that the title for AVP2 has not been made official yet:

"The offical name hasn't been selected yet So, "Alien vs. Predator: Survival of the Fittest" might not make the final cut. I don't know, what should it be? I don't care. They could call it "AvP: Puppies Puffing Rico" and it'd still rule."

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

wow if directors say "They could call it "AvP: Puppies Puffing Rico" and it'd still rule" it´s because they are really happy with the movie so far  8) what do you think?

Scree

Scree

Corrrection...Colin only said: "The offical name hasn't been selected yet."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/71224068?d=71526691#71526691

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Scree on Apr 13, 2007, 11:25:48 AM
Corrrection...Colin only said: "The offical name hasn't been selected yet."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/71224068?d=71526691#71526691
I think they should call it Aliens vs Predator: AvP2
Simple and good.

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

Yeah, I like the idea of going Aliens vs Predator,

its a little wink at the alien films.

Azanode

Azanode

That actually crossed my mind the other day, but it doesn't really make sense. True, in this film it's one Predator versus multiple Aliens, but then it'd be suggesting that the first film was one Alien versus one Predator.

wolfboy

wolfboy

Aliens vs predator won't work. It'll confuse the hell out of everyone. I didn't even know Alien and Aliens were two different movies until I started to get interested in the franchise.

Trioxide

Trioxide

Quote from: wolfboy on Apr 14, 2007, 12:01:53 AM
I didn't even know Alien and Aliens were two different movies until I started to get interested in the franchise. And I HATE the franchise!

:o

j/k  :D

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

I ALways thought the sequel name at the end of PWA's AVP script was actually very accurate regarding the wipeout of the Predator clan at the beginning of AVP2 :

ALIEN/PREDATOR : ANNIHILATION  or AVP : ANNIHILATION

Waaay better than AVP - SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST... (Bleaarrgh)...

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Hardly. All it shows is Anderson's unoriginality at naming his sequel in the same way one of his other film's sequels got named. Ie, Mortal Kombat Annihilation

Plus it sucks, and shows that Anderson was getting ahead of himself when he should have been concentrating on the film at hand (thought that's just wild speculation based on nothing and should be ignored by all).

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Lovely Man on Apr 14, 2007, 02:46:04 PM
Hardly. All it shows is Anderson's unoriginality at naming his sequel in the same way one of his other film's sequels got named. Ie, Mortal Kombat Annihilation

Plus it sucks, and shows that Anderson was getting ahead of himself when he should have been concentrating on the film at hand (thought that's just wild speculation based on nothing and should be ignored by all).

You know what they say: 'Anger clouds judgment'...

First of all, I think PWA was just thinking AVP was Part One of a trilogy or something, nothing more... He wasn't being careless or arrogant as he said several times that he would not want to direct any other Alien, Predator or AVP movie...Now, screenwriting was not mentioned though, so...

PS: Maybe he just likes that word... it sure is catchy... :D

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

why not a name that doesn´t mention the creatures??

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Apr 16, 2007, 02:10:13 PM
why not a name that doesn´t mention the creatures??

OK, how about ' FALLOUT SPRINGS, COLORADO'...?! ;D

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Aliendrone on Apr 13, 2007, 03:51:57 PM
Yeah, I like the idea of going Aliens vs Predator,

its a little wink at the alien films.

They cant use Aliens vs Predator, i dont think seeing as its the name of the game series

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

...and comics.

But they can still use them, who would stop them? Dark Horse? I doubt it, Fox owns the rights to the franchise.

It's probably the lack of a name that means no publicity - they probably won;t release any trailers without a name...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed