Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,154 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 03, 2010, 07:46:33 AM
Cameron made it clear that they have enough intelligence to understand how to cut power to a very specific part of the colony. Out of all the interpretations of the Alien monster, that's probably the most impressive they've ever been.

I disagree. I'd wager the Resurrection creatures were smarter, given how fast at least one of them learned to use the liquid nitrogen blaster and escape from their prison cell.

The Demon

The Demon

That's because the thing was right there when he was using the nitrogen.

I doubt the Aliens were there when they put up the power in the colony. I find that much more impressive.

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: The Demon on Jan 03, 2010, 05:59:17 PM
That's because the thing was right there when he was using the nitrogen.

I doubt the Aliens were there when they put up the power in the colony. I find that much more impressive.
i don't know if either could be said to be smarter. imoa i thought the nitrogen was just pore writing. and at the same time i'm not all that sure that the aliens cut the power on perpose. they could have just messed up wires while finding a way into the ceiling. either way i think all the aliens in all the movies were shown to be very
smart.

ALIEN:giger found his way to the life pod to not be blown up.

ALIENS: they could have cut power. found there way to sealed areas, queen fallowing ripley up the elevator (with or without using the buttons)

ALIEN3: runner didn't fall for any of their tricks and how he maneuvered around all their locked doors.

ALIEN:R: used the nitrogen, used one aliens blood to escape their cells. if you take all the movies at face value you see that the intelligence of the aliens is given justice. i don't think any aliens are shown smarter than the others.

the avp movies they are just retards. another reason i hate those movies.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Exactly. Throughout the franchise, they have been shown to have both collective and individual intelligence.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 03, 2010, 05:41:28 PM
I disagree. I'd wager the Resurrection creatures were smarter, given how fast at least one of them learned to use the liquid nitrogen blaster and escape from their prison cell.

That's just monkey see, monkey do.

The Aliens in the second film would've had to work out the power network on their own with no teaching.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

I prefer the alien purely because it's a more realistic looking alien. And I mean that in terms of it's biology. It's a bug of sorts and is therefore exoskeletal, which gives good survivability. There are some parts of it that make no sense whatsoever but f**k it, it's a movie. And it was well thought out.

The predator on the other hand is too human for my liking. In it's looks and attitide. But I think that's actually what makes that movie so good. The fact that by the end you've realized that it's just as susceptible to it's own tricks as Schwarzenneger is, and it doesn't like being played with either.

SM

SM

QuoteThe Aliens in the second film would've had to work out the power network on their own with no teaching.

And the Resurrection Aliens would've had to work out that humans would be attracted to firearms in a side corridor on their own with no teaching.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

god some people grammer and spelling here kills me to read, reminds me if i type way to fricken fast.

SM

SM

QuoteGod, some people's grammar and spelling here kills me to read. , reminds me if i type way to fricken fast.

Yeah, me too.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: SM on Jan 04, 2010, 04:08:17 AM
QuoteGod, some people's grammar and spelling here kills me to read. , reminds me if i type way to fricken fast.

Yeah, me too.
lol forgot to make to too  :D

SM

SM

You also forgot to make the end of your post make sense.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: SM on Jan 04, 2010, 04:28:16 AM
You also forgot to make the end of your post make sense.
ok which one is better?

Watching people grammer and spelling kills me. Reminds me when I type way too fricken fast.

Watching people grammer and spelling kills me; reminds me when i type way too fricken fast.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It should actually be: reminds me of when I type way too fricken fast.

SM

SM

QuoteReading people's grammar and spelling kills me. Reminds me of when I type way too fricken fast.

This (corrected) one.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: SM on Jan 04, 2010, 04:38:36 AM
QuoteReading people's grammar and spelling kills me. Reminds me of when I type way too fricken fast.

This (corrected) one.
Thank you.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed