How old is Ripley?

Started by War Wager, Apr 03, 2007, 12:28:17 PM

Author
How old is Ripley? (Read 18,472 times)

War Wager

War Wager

In Alien I'd say she looks about 26, so if she floats in space for 57 years that means she would be 83, and during 200 years of being tested on and eventually resurrected that means that Ripleys age by Alien Resurrection would be 283!!

I'm probably wrong so if anyone wants to do the math feel free.  ;)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Her biological age is different from her chronological age.  Sigourney Weaver was 29/30 when she made Alien, but she looks a lot older in Aliens, when technically she shouldn't (but you can't stop the actress from ageing).

According to wikipedia, Ripley was born in 2092, making her about 30 at the time of the events in Alien.  So, biologically, she would be the same age in Aliens and Alien 3.  In Alien Resurrection it would have depended on the cloning process.

SM

SM

2092 (January 7)

Ellen L. Ripley (ID# 759/L2-01N) is born in Olympia, Luna, UA.

She was 30 when Alien takes place (June 2122).
In Aliens and Alien3 she's 87 in birth years, but still essentially 30 years old.

Dachande

Dachande

I think the real question here is whether or not Jonesy outlived the crew of the Nostromo

SM

SM

Jones is described as being dead (of old age) in the Alien3 novelisation, but this doesn't really correllate.  So yes, in all probability he did outlive them.

Unless of course someone decided to enforce the "no pets" policy on Gateway and flung him out the nearest airlock.

SiL

SiL

Pfft, Jonesy would just crawl in the nearest intake when it passed an engine :P

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Ha ha when I first saw Alien I thought that Jonesy had been implanted by a facehugger, that would make things interesting!! lol ;D

Anyway a big hole is we don't know how much time passed between Aliens and Alien 3.

SM

SM

About a week.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on Apr 04, 2007, 03:22:52 AM
About a week.

Then Jonesy couldn't have been dead during the events of Alien 3.  I wonder what happened to him, anyway?  Did Ripley send him to an animal shelter?  Let him inherent her apartment?  Did he get neural implants and become a supercat?  Inquiring minds must know!  :D

SM

SM

QuoteThen Jonesy couldn't have been dead during the events of Alien 3. 

As has been previously mentioned.

Reasoning it out, and Burkes comments (that were ultimately deleted) about pets not normally being allowed on Gateway, Ripley probably sent him to an Earthside animal shelter, intending to pick him up when she got back.

When she's done in gay Paris in Resurrection, she's going to have one hell of a bill...

SiL

SiL

Just to spite her, the company cloned Jonesy as well, and kept the shelter running.

What? It could happen? ;D

Extroheal

Extroheal

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2007, 10:45:58 PM
2092 (January 7)

Ellen L. Ripley (ID# 759/L2-01N) is born in Olympia, Luna, UA.

She was 30 when Alien takes place (June 2122).
In Aliens and Alien3 she's 87 in birth years, but still essentially 30 years old.
We don't know if hypersleep entirely stops aging or just slows it down.

SM

SM

Hence my use of the word 'essentially'.  I was deliberately avoiding being definative.

QuoteWhat? It could happen?

Bullshit.  They just used him as a template for an android!!11!!!

SiL

SiL

Of course!

And then one of the other kitties swiped him, and he bled red blood!

SM

SM

A synthetic pussy with red blood.

And cue...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed