PG13 Gone Live On AvP Site

Started by Darkness, Jul 26, 2004, 12:38:43 AM

Author
PG13 Gone Live On AvP Site (Read 26,355 times)

Somebody

Somebody

20 years of good Alien and Predator movies, and now, in 2004, all comes tumbling down. Simply unbelievable.

Corpral Hicks

Corpral Hicks

the chestburster scene is apparently seen thro the preds vision!

Chris

Chris

what are the bonus features discs in the quad listed as in r1, r2 are rated 15

Cookies

Cookies

I know i was thinking the same thing.  Its been 20 years and to think this movie will bring both aliens and predator to new hights.   But only to find out its killing them yet again! After reading the book the only thing i really dont like is the grid alien, really stupid idea. Oh and im glad im not paying for the ticket anyway since im getting my free ticket from the pred dvd!!! SWEET

Demonicus666

Demonicus666

>:D    Oh well I knew it Fox screwed up big time, I just want to see how good this film is gong to be with a damn pg-13 rating.  I doubt there will be as much "Violence, language, horror images, slime and gore" for Aliens and Predator to be in this type of film.  The lamest thing any company or movie franchise can do, is let the fans down after a long sucees of movies.  As I said in a previous post if it were not for us fans, Fox's Aliens, and Predator, would not be where it is today.  I hope this film does well, but I am still pissed off at the rating, I hope there is no damn editing, like you see a Pred is going to kill some human, then the camera cuts away, and u see nothing but hear screaming.  That is the worst way to interpret violence and gore, what have you on the film screen.  I hope Fox learns from this big mistake they are doing, becuase they let alot of fans that have waited 14 plus years, for this film to come out only to get a kiddy version of the two, most frecious creatures in the whole damn universe!  I want to ask Paul Anderson something, if you were such a fanboy as you say you are, I do not believe that you truly are a fan of Aliens and Predator.  Because if you truly were, you would not have let your fellow fans down, with a dumb rating as pg-13.

true AvP fan

true AvP fan

Heres my thing, everyone here has obviously seen the other movies in both of the franchises, well would anyone who has seen those movies please tell me how it is possible for this one to work with a pg-13 rating, i mean come on. Pg-13 is what dodgeball got, and i love dodgball, but if there is enough violence in a movie with dodgeballs thrown at people, and that got a pg-13 rating, than what chance does AvP have for staying true to the original movies.Can someone tell me that

Adam Ricksworth

Adam Ricksworth

I told you all when this site first set up. Paul Anderson and Fox would be responsible for making a terrible movie. After this, I hope the terrible director that is Anderson never gets to ruin a big budget movie again. Why am I saying this? Because just saw the finished cut. Some nice set piece, here and there, but overall -  the nail in the coffin. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Adam Ricksworth, UK

true AvP fan

true AvP fan

can't believe it

SCAR

SCAR

So i guess this is the BEGINNING OF THE END 4 ALIEN and PREDATOR,as soon the movie come's out and it's not good ,ASTALA VISTA!!!!!

Somebody

Somebody

I found this very strange....All four Alien movies were R, and all the two Predator movies were R. Maybe they rated this movie PG-13, becaus Paul Anderson didn't make it scary enough to be a R rated movie.  Maybe that's how Paul actually did the movie: when a predator goes to cut a man down, they cut the scene away........The trailer does show some scary moments and stuff, but it's just a 2 minute trialer for a 2 hour movie......I would not be suprised if AvP is going to be the worst movie of 2004. I HOPE TO GOD IT WON'T BE! But since it's PG-13, ANYTHING can happen.....

batman

batman

how did you see the finished cut? How long was it?

Cookies

Cookies

It is pauls fault.  Fox doesnt edit the movie.  So its paul who shot the movie and fox is more happy if it can get away with a pg13.  Pual didnt make it gory enough becuase hes just a shit director anyway.  Or fox sliped him a 20 to edit out the gory stuff.  One way or another its pauls fault becuase its his movie.

Jonesy

Jonesy

Ratings haven't changed these days, or if they have, they've changed in the opposite direction that you think - the MPAA is actually more strict today than its ever been. That study that you linked to days ago was a biased study done by an individual who has an interest in promoting the idea that movies are becoming more violent. She makes a living promoting this idea making speeches and doing 'studies' to get  government/university funds. This is a cash cow for her. If she found that movies were becoming less violent, which they are, then there'd be no reason for her to continue her 'work'. The study she did consisted of her and her aide just reading the descriptions of movies put out by the ratings board. She did not watch all the movies over the past couple decades; and probably has seen very few movies at all, especially action and horror movies - those are the kinds I'm sure she'd hate. This is one of these pacifist, intellectual types that basically turn's her nose up at anything sci-fi, horror, or action-oriented. Anyhow, all her study consisted of is reading the descriptions, like the "the rated PG-13 for violence, gore, slime,..." thing that AvP just got. Now how scientific is that? Its not. And everybody knows that over the years, recently especially, the MPAA has become more detailed about what they put in descriptions; they use to not have any at all - just a decade or so ago even. So you can see how that might make it appear that movies are becoming more violent, sexy, etc...  There's people out there, including this 'researcher/professor' you sited, that have an interest, politically and monetarily, to continue pushing this idea that movie content is sort of out of control and getting worse. The fact is if you've watched alot of movies over the years, which this researcher I'll bet hasnt, you know that they were much moreso in decades past - especially the 70s and 80s. Dont automatically believe these studies that you see in the media. They are not reliable. The people that do them often have a bias and political point-of-view and essentially find what they're looking for. And by linking to the story and repeating it over and over you are helping to spread this lie that is pressuring studios to censor movies.

true AvP fan

true AvP fan

people, people, people. I can't believe we are trying to make up excuses for the situation. There is no getting around the fact that you just can't make a movie where two of the most sinister and evil beasts of movie history get together, with humans in the middle, might i add, and rip each other apart in their own respected ways, and have an outcome of a pg-13 movie. Now truely, you have to be angry from the beginning, because with a movie like this, there should be now way that there is even a hint of pg-13, if the movie was done right, then it would be a flat out R. This in not meant to be seen by little kids, i mean i saw it when i was young, but i saw the originals, the really gory ones.  So why get away from that, why try to please parents and little kids,  instead of the people who made the movies a hit in the first place. Very shady if you ask me, and i don't know if i can give my money to see a movie that i believe is ruining the franchises, the whole thing really bothers me.

BobCat

BobCat

Lets go un-rated DvD with a never before seen directors cut that comes out soon!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed