I modded third person back into Alien: Isolation

Started by MattFiler, Apr 26, 2024, 08:39:29 AM

Author
I modded third person back into Alien: Isolation (Read 237 times)

MattFiler

It's a well known secret that Alien: Isolation was originally a third person game, and I've always wondered what it'd have been like to play it.

Luckily, it turns out the camera configurations are still in the game - so I enabled them!

Full disclaimer: I won't be putting this mod up for download just yet (or ever) purely down to the number of mind-bending hacks I had to do to get it into a state to even record this video. That said, if you want to take on the challenge yourself, this was entirely achieved using my mod tools for the game called "OpenCAGE" - they're open source and free to download: https://github.com/MattFiler/OpenCAGE

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MattFiler on Apr 26, 2024, 08:39:29 AMI won't be putting this mod up for download just yet (or ever) purely down to the number of mind-bending hacks I had to do to get it into a state to even record this video.

I was going to say this must have been difficult considering what we'd seen of the model off camera! You got it into a good state for this video, though. Still some oddities but fantastic work! Thanks for sharing, and the work you put in to do this.

Still Collating...

You're a magician what you do with this game, Matt!

Kradan

Not gonna lie, Amanda's running animation looks pretty funny  ;) . Otherwise, great job !

Thatguy2068

My dude, you deserve Applause for making this

TheDerelict

Ah ha, well this finally explains why the author of that Alien: Isolation novel wrote Amanda as being blonde.
So it wasn't a terrible book after all, he could just see things the rest of us couldn't.
I take back anything I ever said. 😏

Neila

good job and thanks for the videos.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that CA decided on the first-person perspective, which in my opinion offers a much more intense gaming experience.

I played it again last night and I have to honestly say that AI is the only game that still scares me, even after playing through it several times.
nothing else can keep up.

I hope that Survios manages to create a game of equal quality.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed