Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 111,338 times)

Kimarhi

I'm so confused right now.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 17, 2014, 09:39:09 PM
I'm so confused right now.

Fox is going to use the old formula that worked with alien .

You first have the theatrical cut and then you bring out the sequel . After the second sequel you  bring out a directors cut that has scenes that isn't considered canon as it work against the sequel as with alien - aliens (egg morphing vs queen ). Then everyone fights about it and theories fly.

Controversy sparks interest which leads to more sales . Etc etc

This is just a formula I believe fox will apply. How much money has fox made from dvd sales scale models novels etc.

What other director can do that from a $230 million dollar budget ?

That's why fox wanted ridley .

So if p2 turns out like out p1 then that may be a good thing for the long term future of the EU .

Kimarhi

I'm picking up what you are laying down.

oduodu

oduodu

So the big question is :

Who is going to feck it up when p3 is directed by :

*fill in blank*

SM

SM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 17, 2014, 10:04:10 PM

Could you clue me in then?

Kimarhi

There will be a Prometheus extended edition that will be the bomb diggitty is what I took away from this conversation. 

SM

SM

Will you teach me this power?

Blacklabel

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 17, 2014, 10:04:10 PM

Can you dig it?

Lemonade

So, Prometheus is set for the month of March in 2016...

Kimarhi

quit trying to get us back on topic lemonade

Lemonade

Hopefully we get another update soon. Filming supposedly begins in the tall.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 18, 2014, 02:30:28 AM
So, Prometheus is set for the month of March in 2016...

That slot may very well end up being taken up by Ridley Scott's The Martian unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your stance on Prometheus).

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

The announcement of this release date came way before it was known that Ridley was negotiating to direct The Martian.
Studios dont tend to announce release dates for Ridley Scott films that they arent sure if he's directing or not.

So, yeah this release date is probably for Prometheus deux: the quickening who Ridley will most likely just help as a producer. And it'll probably be directed by another fella. Or it'll fall apart completely.

DoomRulz

I hope the Deacon makes a return. I'd hate for it to be just a quick one-off thing because I'd like to see if it evolves into something else entirely.

Spoonman101

This movie didn't make much f**king sense to me when I saw it in theaters. It was nonetheless a decent movie and will no doubtfully be a great cult classic but in the end there will be no sequel that could patch up its universe's plot holes. Especially in the universe it is in: Alien.
Prometheus was another addition to the long line of Cannon and non-Cannon contradictions of Alien and I can't wait to see how Fox plans to butcher it even more witn this upcoming installment..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed