What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 155,943 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

You all like avp.

Good god :P ::)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: alien5454 on Apr 29, 2010, 09:22:52 AM
A few yers after my mom bought me an alien queen for my birthday . And i  fell in love with it .
So lucky.
Guess you've found a way to sterilize her, right?  ;D

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

AVP.

DarthVenom

DarthVenom

There are 4 major movie franchises comprising basically the top of my catalog of taste. The absolute pinnacle is Star Wars. But closely following, are these three: Alien, Predator, Terminator. All three introduced to me by two of my cousins around the age of 7 or 8. ... So that would have been around '91-'92. I'm big on sci-fi but I'm also big on the macabre. I was always a monster fan since as far back as I can remember... started with the classic monsters... and dinosaurs... dragons. If it was to be feared, I did not fear it, but embraced it. Might have something to do with too much emphasis placed on Halloween as a holiday when I was young... Idk.

Point is when I first saw Aliens I was an instant fan. Alien itself didn't work for me because a kid that age doesn't really have much attention span for a film with so little action. I then discovered Predator through the older brother of my 2 cousins, who owned a copy of the full graphic novel of the original Batman Vs. Predator, and loved the creature's design instantly. After later renting the original and seeing the epic Arnold Vs. Pred fight for the first time around that age... well that sealed the deal. Instant fan again. To me at the time it was more like Terminator Vs Predator, because I had also just been introduced to that concept as well.

{EDIT} I need to add something... I understand when very young fans denote AVP as their beginning. But I seriously hope there are as few adults as possible that would follow suit. As much as I love the concept of AVP, the AVP movies themselves were both terribly disappointing to me.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I agree with you; I'm very glad that my introduction to the series was with Alien.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 08, 2010, 04:28:32 PM
I agree with you; I'm very glad that my introduction to the series was with Alien.

Mine was too. Unfortunately I was introduced through the Predators via AvP, so...  :-\

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I was introduced to Predator through Predator. Man, I've had some good luck with this.

First Blood

First Blood

I was introduced to Predator via Terminator 2. See, during the 90's Arnold was a huge star and I wanted to see his films, so after Terminator 2 and then The Terminator (I originally seen the sequel first) I watched, Commando, Red Heat, Conan and Predator. Predator really stuck out for me. The action, setting, characters, etc.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I won't say Predator is his best movie anymore like I used to, but it's definitely my favourite.

chukabi

chukabi

My parents where watching a movie in the lounge and I asked if it was scary, they said it wasn't. This movie was Aliens, and I stayed up all night that night. The Smartgun from the Aliens movie is what made me a fan, absolutely loved it, loved the sound, everything. Then I played Alien Trilogy on Sega, which was the bomb btw... I was like 5-6 at the time of this :P Then I went to a comic book store to look for Alien Comics and I came across the AvP comic, which lead me to watch the movie Predator, ever since then I have been barracking for the Predators.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 09, 2010, 01:51:04 AM
I won't say Predator is his best movie anymore like I used to, but it's definitely my favourite.

Why? Predator is the best movie, so it can be his best too.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Predator 2 made me the fan I am today! That movie just got me hooked straight on it's release date on VHS (My dad was a fan of the first one, but he couldn't take me to cinema to see the 2nd one because I was too small... 3 or 4, so I saw it first time on VHS).

After that I went back and enjoyed Predator 1 also very much... but Pred 2 is it for me man XD

and well... the AVP thing revived it when I was older... I mean during the hype of AVP 1 just before it was released and there was a lot of marketing going on... I was full of enthusiasm about it... then I saw it and well... you know the story  ;) I stayed with the Pred franchise

But thanks to AVP I went back in movie history and watched the Alien movies and became a fan of Cameron's Aliens... the rest were not so much my thing but I like the xeno design in the first Alien and so on and so forth...

Thanatos

Thanatos

P1 MADE ME FAN AND IM PROUD OF IT

Basher917

Basher917

Alien ( of course)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Pred 1
Alien
AvP (it made me think of alien and predators as a single franchise/universe)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed