What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 155,877 times)

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Your'e still young. but yea im lot older than you and i still saw them on tape.

WarMachine

WarMachine

Just seeing the originals, especially Alien and Aliens

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Internecivus Raptus on Jan 30, 2008, 04:19:04 AM
Just seeing the originals, especially Alien and Aliens

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?

I'm thinking the younger you are, the less likely you are to be familiar with the older films despite them being so readily and widely available.

Fenrir

Fenrir

i first saw predator when i was 7 (1993)

my brother used to bring movies on vhs, predator was one of em. it was pretty cool.
I`m a fan since age 10 i think. when i saw the movie again. there I understood the whole movie lol (that predator was an alien, that dillon tricked dutch to go to that mision, etc)

I`m not much of an alien fan, but the first i saw. was aliens, the robot is cool.

when I heard the avp movie. I was like  :o damn! but it sukd alien balls

b-raz

b-raz

The first Predator movie, and one of the Aliens video games that came out for PlayStation. I remember I would always watch my cousin play that and just loving all the weapons and gadgets  on it you could get. I remember I also read the books when I was like 7 or 8, didn't really know what happened fully, but I remember kinda liking them.

kriteDEVOURS

kriteDEVOURS

basically the idea of an alien organism that overtakes humanity interested me as i was a young child i was fascinated from the beginning, and as i got older i appreciated the fact that the alien basically rapes humans forcibly impregnating them..the sexual subtext that is involved..the views that are displayed on the human reproductive cycle and humans thinking that they have mastered all.. with disdain..the phallic creature bursting forth and basically f**king the chest cavity..the yawing vaginal like openings in the alien ship..all the undercurring themes and the disease of reproducing is fascinating

Cellien

Cellien

I just grew up with it.  Born in '82, Aliens was about the coolest thing I had ever seen when it came out on VHS.  I had toys galore.  My dad wouldn't take me to see Alien 3 in the theater, but he took my brother.  :(  I eventually was able to see the first 3 on VHS.

I was always into the video games too.  I played the side-scrollers, AvP on the Atari Jaguar ( :D), then I got into AvP 1&2 on PC when they came out.  Had a blast with them.

Fast forward to today:  I'm 25  I've only seen 3 of the Alien series in the theater (Alien: Res, AvP, AvP-R).  Aliens is probably the biggest inspiration to my career in art and I have some figures on my desk for inspiration.  I joined this forum when I heard they were making a new AvP.  It re-sparked my interest in the series and gives me something to do during down-time at work.

Harkus

Harkus

My brother watched alien over his friends house and borrowed aliens and so i watched it with him, i loved it and rented the rest. I saw predator a bit before aliens when i was about 8 or 9 over my nans house and soon after that predator 2.

fastcomet

fastcomet

avp about 6 mounths ago

Russian_Predator

Russian_Predator

VHS with first Predator about 15(?) years ago and VHS with Aliens about 12(?) years ago...  :-\

Garo Predator

Garo Predator

When I saw A Picture of the Celtic predator i was hooked i got on line every day to look at that picture then when the movie came out my aunt got me into the movies and we saw AVP i was like holy smokes throughout the whole movie i was like daaaaaaaaaaang

XenoVC

XenoVC

I went to See Alien Ressurection at the theater with my parents when it first came out back in 1997 ,now I know that movie is horrible,But I would have never liked Alien if I never saw it   :P,Even Before that I had the Kenner toys but I had no idea they had movies  :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Garo Predator on Feb 05, 2008, 12:49:00 AM
When I saw A Picture of the Celtic predator i was hooked i got on line every day to look at that picture then when the movie came out my aunt got me into the movies and we saw AVP i was like holy smokes throughout the whole movie i was like daaaaaaaaaaang

I take it you still enjoy AvP?

Garo Predator

Garo Predator

ooooooh yaaaa  ;D

NoProblem

NoProblem

what made me a fan?
well...it was the awesomeness of the Predator.
I watched when I was a little kid. I loved.
then one day I rented Alien. I liked, not as much but still.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed