Streamlined Alien Life Cycle

Started by Celgress, Oct 11, 2021, 05:51:46 AM

Author
Streamlined Alien Life Cycle (Read 2,520 times)

Celgress

Celgress

Hi all, what do you think of my idea for a streamlined alien life cycle?

Drones such as those who came from the ovomorphs on the derelict are undifferentiated xenos. These drones develop into a queen through molting if no queen is already present. The lone drone egg morphs the first few victims until it can create a group of slightly smaller infertile (due to it being the dominant xeno suppressing their development with pheromones) warriors with different non-smooth domes like those seen in Aliens to protect it while it develops the egg sack and continues molting. A queen face hugger can be purposefully created by an adult queen but that only happens on long-term hive worlds. In my life cycle, the sole xeno drone brought back by Newt's father caused the outbreak in Hadley's Hope in the same way as the sole drone brought to Sevastopol caused the infestation there. I feel this idea simplifies things greatly.

What does everyone think?

SiL

SiL

I think this overcomplicates things.

Queen - Egg - Hugger - Adult

Queens are born, not molted. If there's no Queen, add egg morphing. Maybe egg morphing guarantees a Queen hugger.

That's about as streamlined as it gets. There's no real need for special, diminutive infertile warriors, for example.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The life-cycle has been messed up a lot which does suck, its best just to keep it simple and functional.

Queen, egg, hugger, adult.

And depending on what insect traits can be applied, new queens can be created through royal jelly fed to either an adult or an egg or maybe an egg or adult can change in the absence of a queen, which is what the praetorians do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed