Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 285,990 times)

georgeromero

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but Those Beasts of the Mesozoic, shouldn't they be a little bigger if they are in 1:6 scale? I know these raptors are not that "Jurassic World" big, but these would look tiny compared to 1:6 human figures.

ts124

Quote from: georgeromero on May 06, 2016, 02:04:04 PM
I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but Those Beasts of the Mesozoic, shouldn't they be a little bigger if they are in 1:6 scale? I know these raptors are not that "Jurassic World" big, but these would look tiny compared to 1:6 human figures.
No they are around the right size.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

georgeromero

Cool. Seems like I was fooled by Neca's Aliens.

SizzyBubbles

The Prehistoric Beast Dromaeosaurs are not really truely meant to be compatible with other figures... true-to-life scale wise, but stand alone accurate dino figures. Sure you can find some larger figures that they will be closer to scale with, or similar sized if you want to go for the JP 'raptor' scaling.
Remember the REAL Velociraptor was only about 3ft tall :3

KiramidHead

Vertigo

Just had a look through the artwork on those dromaeosaurid figures' Kickstarter page, and felt they needed to be posted here, because jesus fricksticks...

Pictures. Lots of pictures

^ Velociraptor.

^ Atrociraptor.

^ Tsaagan.

^ Velociraptor again.

^ Saurornitholestes.

^ Balaur.

^ Adasaurus.

^ Dromaeosaurus.

^ Acheroraptor.

^ Zhenyuanlong.

^ Pyroraptor.

^ Linheraptor. All of the above by Jonathan Kuo.

^ Dromaeosaurus by Sara Richard.

^ Group piece by Mark Schultz.
[close]

Some of the best fuzzy dromie art I've ever come across. This is the sort of thing I wanted to see in Jurassic World. The figures are here by the way.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Great Pics/Art ^^^^

My favorites have always been Albertosaurus & Allosaurus. Not sure why they keep putting the same old Raptors and T-Rex's let alone fake dinos in Jurassic Park sequels when so many awesome looking dinos to choose from...

DoomRulz

Because T.rex is the most popular dinosaur ever (and I mean the most popular) and Velociraptor is an exotic name which is why Michael Crichton picked it when writing Jurassic Park. Put them both in the most popular dinosaur film of all time and you have a lifetime legacy.

Nostromo

You're right, every Jurassic Park movie should have them. They should also rename it T-Rex vs Velociraptor.

Gilfryd

QuoteDinosaurs may not have roared after all, new study suggests

In films such as Jurassic World, predatory dinosaurs are typically shown giving off a fearsome roar before unleashing carnage on their unsuspecting victims, but a new study published online in the journal Evolution indicates that they may have actually sounded quite different.

According to researchers from Midwestern University in Arizona, the University of Texas at Austin, some dinosaurs would have mumbled or cooed with closed mouths, similar to how many modern-day bird species can emit sounds with their beaks shut tightly.
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1113414987/dinosaurs-vocalization-071216/#S5glXIAge2hjRVXQ.99

Vertigo

^ An idea of what you could probably expect from a lot of dinosaurs. The cassowary is one of the most basal living birds, so is about the closest we can get. Crocodilians have a similar range of growls and low-frequency grunts.

I would imagine that various families evolved very different methods of communication though, as is the case in living birds - they certainly had time for it. An obvious example is Parasaurolophus, which almost certainly used its crest as a giant amplifier.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

QuoteThe Paleozoic: a series about life before the dinosaurs by Estrella Vega
Five accordion books covering 280 million years of prehistoric life, that together, create one continuous image 42 ft long.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2133134630/the-paleozoic-a-series-about-life-before-the-dinos

Gilfryd

'Mud Dragon' Dinosaur Unearthed—By Dynamite

QuoteThe fossil, dated to the time right before a giant impact wiped out the dinosaurs, was almost destroyed during school construction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed