Colonial Marines game

Started by Thatguy2068, Nov 04, 2023, 03:03:14 AM

Author
Colonial Marines game (Read 1,956 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I was thinking about a game were you play as a colonial marine within war on some other planets with no xenomorph for most of the time. I feel like that this idea really needs to depend on how good the writing and gameplay is, because this is a very bold idea.

littlesprout

littlesprout

i've felt this too. great concept

Wweyland

Wweyland

The "Fight against Weyland-Yutani soldiers" levels in Aliens: Colonial Marines were not well received.
I wouldn't be against this, and why not throw some exotic Aliens (not Xenomorphs) in there as well?

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 04, 2023, 09:41:10 AMThe "Fight against Weyland-Yutani soldiers" levels in Aliens: Colonial Marines were not well received.
I wouldn't be against this, and why not throw some exotic Aliens (not Xenomorphs) in there as well?
That can work, I don't want this to be a cod clone, but it would be difficult to differentiate itself with cod. Maybe it all in the Story to do that?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I don't think it's hard to make an FPS that's more mechanically interesting than cod's linear objective slog.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 04, 2023, 08:39:04 PMI don't think it's hard to make an FPS that's more mechanically interesting than cod's linear objective slog.
I guess your right but not a total open world maps where are you need to walk 20 minutes to go to point A. Maybe it's OK to find something in the middle

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Should the story be safe and tame or sould it be dark and gritty

Wweyland

Wweyland

I would not mind a semi-cheerful Space Marines vibe, as a change of pace. Even AvP2 had a bit of that, with the orange armor and cartoony look.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 14, 2024, 05:07:31 PMI would not mind a semi-cheerful Space Marines vibe, as a change of pace.

It's all fun and games til the Alien finally does show up and then it all goes to shit, larger than life characters die like dogs, and any survivors are left horribly scarred inside and out.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 14, 2024, 06:50:10 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 14, 2024, 05:07:31 PMI would not mind a semi-cheerful Space Marines vibe, as a change of pace.

It's all fun and games til the Alien finally does show up and then it all goes to shit, larger than life characters die like dogs, and any survivors are left horribly scarred inside and out.
Then its time to hit the reload button.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed