Aliens: Colonial Marines 'Bug Hunt' DLC Cam Footage

Started by ikarop, Mar 13, 2013, 04:30:04 AM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines 'Bug Hunt' DLC Cam Footage (Read 33,247 times)

beb

Is this all that comes with the bug hunt dlc ? I thought we were gonna get more MP maps and some god damn campaign. This is not the dlc I am used to getting with gearbox. pirates booty was a massive dlc. And so was Duke nukem. Come the frak on we deserve more than this sh@t

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: newbeing on Mar 13, 2013, 04:06:14 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 13, 2013, 01:26:17 PM
Just played offline this morning...and I think I am addicted. Probably the best thing about the game so far.

What I liked.

-First level I chose was Tribute, awesome, straight outta the scene where the marines enter LV-426's colony
-You have to kill aliens to acquire cash, which allows you to go to ammo drops, health stashes, sentry turrets, door bypasses, etc
-How f**king hard it was. I made it to wave 4 before getting my ass kicked...ON SOLIDER MODE. This is definitely something to play with at least 3 people. The aliens were VERY hard to take down by wave 3-4. I was shooting grenades and they would go down and rise back up. It was wild and challenging.

If I did not have to be studying for exams I would have played all morning. I can't wait to boot it up with some friends. I know people are pissed at ACM and what not, but this DLC add-on is pretty good. At least consider getting this and not the season pass.

Hope to play with you guys eventually.

Hearing this makes me really sad we never got scenarios like this in the campaign, like we were told we were going to.
Either way I'm excited to get my hands on it next week.
I'm rather intrigued by this! I know most people were upset at the results of 6 years of development... but perhaps this is the redeeming factor. DLC can really help poor games (if the DLC is good) because let's face it: most awful (truly awful) games do not get any sort of DLC or support after release (aside from the initial patch that inevitably comes).

Either way, I'm excited to get something new, especially a horde mode. Always been a fan of survival/horde game modes.

spinksy

Well looking forward to playing this! ;D

shakermakerman

looks the dogs bollox

Njm1983

Im cautiously optimistic... I got my game from walmart on purpose for this dlc.  I doubt this will save the game.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Yeah, it's great until about round 7, when the WY soldiers show up and are once again more dangerous than the Aliens.

I can only pray that the WY enemies aren't in every map. So far I've only gotten above round 6 on the Mercenary map, but I about threw the disc out the window once the hordes of WY enemies started showing up. Does anybody know if they're on all 3 maps?

This completely ruins the experience for me, and any immersion they managed to create by allowing a bit of dynamic play is gone once the idiot squads start showing up. I hate you, Gearbox, so thoroughly and deeply. I hope you go bankrupt, because the only skill you seem to consistently display is to take something good and f**k it up completely.

Made worse by the fact that this was actually fun up until this point. Ugh mah god, just dissolve your company and go sell cars before you do any more damage, Pitchford. You're a complete loser, and I mean that wholeheartedly.

Edit - Yes, the WY mercs are on every map. Nothing quite like bunkering down and sealing doors in Hadleys to prepare for a terrifying encounter with an army of space douchebags!

I hate this game so much.

Njm1983

The Dragon has spoketh!

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 13, 2013, 05:11:01 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 13, 2013, 04:30:04 AM
battle to survive 30 waves of increasingly challenging xenos and enemy Weyland-Yutani soldiers.
increasingly challenging xenos and enemy Weyland-Yutani soldiers.
enemy Weyland-Yutani soldiers.
http://replygif.net/i/1029

RagingDragon

Sorry, I was a bit mad there. :laugh:

Don't let me steer you wrong, the rest of the Bug Hunt mode seems to be good fun and offer lots to do, as well as different routes to take or strategies to try out.

If you can get over the WY goons, the rest of the experience is pretty awesome, especially on that Hadley's map. The maps seem pretty big, btw, and you can find Smartguns, Flamethrowers, RPG's for sale, as well as multiple sentries to set up and repair/refill with ammo.

I'm not sure how I'll feel once the adrenaline wears off, but I was just really enjoying everything until those assholes showed up. Not even an option to turn them off, either. So fail.

Njm1983

I already agree the W Y Mercs suck ass, they are annoying.  Im not surprised that they will annoy in bug hunt. Woulda been nice to turn them off if desired.

xeno-kaname

I have no idea why Nerve followed Gearbox's footsteps and added mercs to their dlc, but maybe in the later waves aliens become the bigger threat and the game makes them feel like the most dangerous for once?

Bounds34

Are you guys joking?  I LOVE shooting the WY mercs. Then again I like to imagine they're all Randy pitchford clones under those masks. :) 

RagingDragon

I got pretty far by myself in Adrift last night, and no idiots showing up. I did confirm that they start running around Hadleys on around wave 7, and they probably show up on the Adrift level too, just haven't gotten to them yet.

They're supposed to fight the Aliens as well, but I think they just make them too badass. They have those freaking smartgunners who can take a grenade and 3 PR mags to the face before dying.

It might work better if they mixed them, but as of now they'll spawn in huge groups of 5+ and there don't seem to be many Aliens around. They also don't really 'assault' you that well. If you hunker down, they'll just wait out in the hall for you. It's kind of tactical, but also horribly annoying and wildly out of place in a horde type mode.

You spend the entire match running, trying to find good places to barricade yourself, setting up turrets, etc... then these a-holes show up and you have to completely change your tactics and how you're playing. I really, really, really, really hate this. :laugh:

Njm1983

Tell how you really feel? ;D

RagingDragon

:laugh:

Still playing the mp, for what it's worth.

*shakes head in embarrassed regret*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed