Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,328 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Randomizer on Sep 23, 2016, 05:17:54 PMAlmost finished the mod version of Black Mesa which aside from a few quirks (like going without widescreen resolutions - 1366x768 and slightly choppy reloading animations) is an enjoyable experience. I think I'm done with the "Forget about Freeman" chapter and starting "Lambda Core".

That's possibly the best mod I've ever played. It's obvious a huge amount of love and care went into it.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: x-M-x on Sep 23, 2016, 10:53:44 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 23, 2016, 02:36:49 PM
Resident Evil 0

PS4 Release? ('I'm re-playing Res Evil 4 for PS4)

GameCube. waiting for a price drop on 0 and REmake bundle on PS4 before I get it.

I did get RE4 though on PS4 and I'll be getting to that soon enough.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 24, 2016, 03:46:54 PM
Resident Evil 0

GameCube. waiting for a price drop on 0 and REmake bundle on PS4 before I get it.

Nice, gotta love that classic cube.  :)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: x-M-x on Sep 24, 2016, 03:49:00 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 24, 2016, 03:46:54 PM
Resident Evil 0

Nice, gotta love that classic cube.  :)

It is a relic from a more civilized era

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Something I can't talk about ;D

Randomizer

Randomizer

What are you, eh? A tester? Got an exclusive look at some new title coming out? Please tell. :P

I'm being persistent at 100%-ing both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Halo: Spartan Assault. I want to play something else yet I know that if I jump into that or even STALKER I'll never get back to finish 'em (something that I also want, for the collector inside me). Currently changing through these however I see fit.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 08, 2016, 05:07:21 PM
What are you, eh? A tester? Got an exclusive look at some new title coming out? Please tell. :P

Nah, just lucky to get access but it came with a non-disclosure agreement so I can't tell a thing :D

Vow

Vow

Been in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mood lately so I reinstalled Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat.

Got Autumn Aurora for the first and Misery for the other one.

After I'm done with both of these I might play Lost Alpha before moving onto Call of Chernobyl.

windebieste

windebieste

What's in the Call of Chernobyl mod?  I feel like it's about time to revisit The Zone.

By the way... Does anyone know whatever happened to the 'Stalker' TV show that we saw promoted a few years back?  Did it die..?  How about the more recently announced 'Roadside Picnic' TV series..?  Does anyone know if that is still in production?

...and what about 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2'?  Has there been any word on that title - or if it's even going to happen, ever?  (GSC Gameworld just released 'Cossacks 3' so I'm kind of expecting some kind of announcement sometime, I guess.  Hopeful, I know.

-Windebieste.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: MoonerSK on Oct 08, 2016, 07:25:58 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 08, 2016, 05:07:21 PM

Nah, just lucky to get access but it came with a non-disclosure agreement so I can't tell a thing :D

Too bad I can't interrogate you.  ;D

Quote from: Vow on Oct 08, 2016, 09:59:47 PM
Been in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mood lately so I reinstalled Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat.

Got Autumn Aurora for the first and Misery for the other one.

After I'm done with both of these I might play Lost Alpha before moving onto Call of Chernobyl.

Woah, I've been in a STALKER mood as well ! Fortunately I never reinstalled them because everytime I do I get sucked into the series for another month and a half.  :laugh: Good thing I got stuck in the Monolith Control Room on my last playthrough - that should keep me away for some time.

Please tell me what you think of Lost Alpha and whether or not should I try it before Call of Chernobyl (never played it). Aside from the awful plot (got myself spoiled, again) I'm interested in gameplay.

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 08, 2016, 10:10:46 PM
What's in the Call of Chernobyl mod?  I feel like it's about time to revisit The Zone.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

It's a sandbox mod - play all factions on all maps seen in previous games (even deleted ones). Even if it says standalone you're still going to need Call of Pripyat installed and run at least once to prove you have a "legal" copy.  :-X

By the way... Does anyone know whatever happened to the 'Stalker' TV show that we saw promoted a few years back?  Did it die..?  How about the more recently announced 'Roadside Picnic' TV series..?  Does anyone know if that is still in production?

Not sure about that although the Roadside Picnic TV series has been announced fairly recently and it's still running.

...and what about 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2'?  Has there been any word on that title - or if it's even going to happen, ever?  (GSC Gameworld just released 'Cossacks 3' so I'm kind of expecting some kind of announcement sometime, I guess.  Hopeful, I know.

Official? No. People are hopeful even if Cossacks 3 got mixed reviews on Steam. I just hope they'll have the money to do another one, start a Kickstarter even. There's no shame in doing that. They've proved themselves before.

This should keep you occupied. Several people managed to take documents before it was cancelled and translate them. GSC even got some basic map work done though I can't find it. Could look inside that subreddit for example:

Spoiler

And then there's this guy who wanted to recreate Shadow of Chernobyl on Cryengine. It's been a while since he last spoke although there's a lot to work on; highly likely it's not dead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/4v9wap/stalker_shadow_of_chernobyl_remastered/

Speaking of other things, I'm trying to find one of their older games - Codename: Outbreak.

Vow

Vow

Call of Chernobyl is, like Randomizer said, a sanbdox mod. Gives you plenty of room to play in.

It's basically for when you're done playing all the regular story-related content in all three games and just want to play around with no definable goal.

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 09, 2016, 07:42:40 AM
Please tell me what you think of Lost Alpha and whether or not should I try it before Call of Chernobyl (never played it). Aside from the awful plot (got myself spoiled, again) I'm interested in gameplay.

The way I was told, Call of Chernobyl is something to play when you've exhausted everything else from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mods.

Gonna be a while before I try Lost Alpha though.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Vow on Oct 09, 2016, 12:50:34 PM

Call of Chernobyl is, like Randomizer said, a sanbdox mod. Gives you plenty of room to play in.

It's basically for when you're done playing all the regular story-related content in all three games and just want to play around with no definable goal.

Yeah, although I hear it can get boring at times and also has several weird in-faction relationships, like Clear Sky and Bandits allied to Freedom.

In other news, I found Codename: Outbreak available on GOG for 9$. As much as I want there's no way I'm making another account just for that.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 09, 2016, 03:21:06 PM
In other news, I found Codename: Outbreak available on GOG for 9$. As much as I want there's no way I'm making another account just for that.

GOG is DRM free though, so you need the account only to buy and download it. No need to log it in order to play.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Yes, but Steam seems to have more games to offer (I am aware what GOG stands for). I just hate splitting my collection in half, you know? DRM or no DRM. GOG only has a few exclusive titles that I'd like to use. Ignoring mainstream stuff like Team Fortress 2, CS:GO, DotA 2 or Warframe.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl is 16$ on Steam, 18$ on GOG.
Oddly enough Clear Sky is 1$ cheaper on GOG
                     Call of Pripyat 2$ cheaper
Thief Gold is 7$ on Steam, 9$ on GOG
Yet System Shock 2 is 2$ cheaper on GOG

EDIT: f**k this, I guess there's no choice but to choose both.  ::) Which one do you personally use?

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

I use Steam, GOG, Uplay, Origin :D all of them :D of course most of my games are on steam but that's mainly because they require steam to play.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed