Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,433 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Alien Isolation.  Been playing it in small dribs & drabs mainly at night in the dark.  Loving it so far.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 11, 2014, 08:35:50 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 10, 2014, 04:39:46 PM
Realistic Doom 3 is one of them.

Found it . God , they look a lot and sound better than the original , especially the machinegun ( the original one sounded like a BB gun lol ) .

Speaking of D3 mods, Absolute HD is being incorporated with LMS so we will have some kickass coop action soon  :)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Every time I hear about a cool new Doom 3 mod, my heart sinks (BFG edition practically killed me until I heard that it sucked) thinking about all the work I'd have to do to incorporate it into my own labyrinthine work.
I haven't played RoE in 3 years because of the nightmare of porting my 2012 alterations into it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 11, 2014, 10:46:40 AM
Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 11, 2014, 08:35:50 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 10, 2014, 04:39:46 PM
Realistic Doom 3 is one of them.

Found it . God , they look a lot and sound better than the original , especially the machinegun ( the original one sounded like a BB gun lol ) .

Speaking of D3 mods, Absolute HD is being incorporated with LMS so we will have some kickass coop action soon  :)

8) ;D

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 11, 2014, 12:37:53 PM
Every time I hear about a cool new Doom 3 mod, my heart sinks (BFG edition practically killed me until I heard that it sucked) thinking about all the work I'd have to do to incorporate it into my own labyrinthine work.
I haven't played RoE in 3 years because of the nightmare of porting my 2012 alterations into it.

You're developing a D3 mod?

Vertigo

Vertigo

I just started out fiddling with other people's mods in 2005, but kept fiddling and adding for the next 7 years; there's nothing left of their work at this point.

Currently I have Trent Reznor's soundpack (with shakes and volumes corrected, and adding to vanilla monster sounds rather than replacing them), decals and shell casings stay (including delayed colour fade for pentagram and explosion marks), bodies stay (except Cacodemons which look terrible when left sitting about, or monsters that respawn or are gibbed by explosions/doors), modified bullet holes, glowing plasmagun/BFG, short-range chainsaw illumination, modified pickups so each provides a very small amount but you can carry everything you find [trying to heighten the survival-horror aspect], stopped Z-sec zombies jerking your vision all over the place, increased the health and rebalanced the damage of virtually everything, rebalanced every weapon so none of them go obsolete, lowered late-game reliance on the Soul Cube, fixed a few bugs, fiddled with giant monster sounds to make them more frightening, added PerfectedDoom3's heightmaps, and even had a crack at creating new sounds for the Archvile (they don't work very well so I'll repeal them next time I play, but they are certainly f**ked up).

Doom 3 becomes a very different game when the enemies are all strong enough to take a pounding, there's a lot more skill involved, and it greatly heightens the game's inherent apprehension. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that, though.

Eva

Eva

Watched someone play the first half hour of Alien: Isolation on youtube. Coupled with Ikarop's stream, this looks like a must have. They recreated the atmosphere from Scott's film really well. Gonna wait for a Steam sale though. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Glad to hear so many good things about the game, after the debacle that was Aliens: Colonial Marines and my lack of excitement over Ripley's daughter being the lead.

Still don't have a current gen console and my PC probably can't play the game, but when winter break comes I may just get it for the 360 and give it a go. I'm quite curious.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 11, 2014, 01:44:36 PM
I just started out fiddling with other people's mods in 2005, but kept fiddling and adding for the next 7 years; there's nothing left of their work at this point.

Currently I have Trent Reznor's soundpack (with shakes and volumes corrected, and adding to vanilla monster sounds rather than replacing them), decals and shell casings stay (including delayed colour fade for pentagram and explosion marks), bodies stay (except Cacodemons which look terrible when left sitting about, or monsters that respawn or are gibbed by explosions/doors), modified bullet holes, glowing plasmagun/BFG, short-range chainsaw illumination, modified pickups so each provides a very small amount but you can carry everything you find [trying to heighten the survival-horror aspect], stopped Z-sec zombies jerking your vision all over the place, increased the health and rebalanced the damage of virtually everything, rebalanced every weapon so none of them go obsolete, lowered late-game reliance on the Soul Cube, fixed a few bugs, fiddled with giant monster sounds to make them more frightening, added PerfectedDoom3's heightmaps, and even had a crack at creating new sounds for the Archvile (they don't work very well so I'll repeal them next time I play, but they are certainly f**ked up).

Doom 3 becomes a very different game when the enemies are all strong enough to take a pounding, there's a lot more skill involved, and it greatly heightens the game's inherent apprehension. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that, though.

Damn straight, skippy 8)

So when can the rest of us sample this masterpiece of yours?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Eva on Oct 11, 2014, 01:54:48 PM
Watched someone play the first half hour of Alien: Isolation on youtube. Coupled with Ikarop's stream, this looks like a must have. They recreated the atmosphere from Scott's film really well. Gonna wait for a Steam sale though. :)

I waiting till I have an Xbox One, and that will be late December...

I really don't want to wait that long, but I also don't want to pay full price for it for the Xbox 360, and then pay full price again later so I can play on the One. Only reason I got Destiny for Xbox 360 was because I can then get it for free on Xbox One for getting it on the 360 digitally and all my progress will transfer over. Alien: Isolation isn't doing anything like that.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 11, 2014, 05:55:44 PM
Long arse Doom 3 post

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 11, 2014, 01:44:36 PM

Damn straight, skippy 8)
[close]

So when can the rest of us sample this masterpiece of yours?

It's not exactly the world's most polished selection of .pk4s, but here you go...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr1wxrn8zdi2uw8/Doom3%20Vertimod.zip?dl=0

WinterActual

WinterActual

Infamous at last!  8)

tavianini19

tavianini19

"Oh hey, there's another save point" he said after dying countless times trying to do too much without saving. And then he said, "f**k it" and ran guns blazing towards bitchtits the xenomorph.

Alien isolation for me in a nutshell.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Finished the game . The final fight with the Cyberdemon is way too easy : run in circles , kill demons, fire the soul cube to the cyberdemon & repeat . You get all the ammo for the big guns but you can't actually use them on the cyberdemon because he's vulnerable only and only to the soul cube ( and killing imps with a rocket launcher is a piece of cake ) . Liked the stone tablets recovered from the site ( one of them was a reference to the original Doom ) .

Moving on to "Ressurection of Evil" .

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 12, 2014, 03:23:30 PM
Doom 3 BFG Edition

Finished the game . The final fight with the Cyberdemon is way too easy : run in circles , kill demons, fire the soul cube to the cyberdemon & repeat . You get all the ammo for the big guns but you can't actually use them on the cyberdemon because he's vulnerable only and only to the soul cube ( and killing imps with a rocket launcher is a piece of cake ) . Liked the stone tablets recovered from the site ( one of them was a reference to the original Doom ) .

Moving on to "Ressurection of Evil" .

That was definitely a disappointment. It was a tougher fight in the original Doom.

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 11, 2014, 11:24:18 PM
It's not exactly the world's most polished selection of .pk4s, but here you go...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr1wxrn8zdi2uw8/Doom3%20Vertimod.zip?dl=0

Downloading it now!! :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Actually, the Cybercrime in the original can be beaten by circle strafing around it for ages while you shoot. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed