Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,474 times)

gege

gege

Resident Evil 6

Better than the Resident Evil 5, but I need to play (again) the first one, on Playstation, to remind me what is a survival horror game

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Finally beat MGR. Luckily I didn't have any trouble going up against Senator Armstrong.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: gege on Mar 16, 2014, 09:28:59 AM
Resident Evil 6

Better than the Resident Evil 5, but I need to play (again) the first one, on Playstation, to remind me what is a survival horror game

If you want to play the first one, you go for REmake duh <.<

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

So I swing at monster. Monster is too far even though the tip should have hit it, then the monster performs their attack annnnnd...THE f**kING BACKDRAFT HURTS MORE THAN THE ACTUAL ATTACK. >:( >:( >:(

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 16, 2014, 11:56:08 AM
Quote from: gege on Mar 16, 2014, 09:28:59 AM
Resident Evil 6

If you want to play the first one, you go for REmake duh <.<

This.

First game on PS1 is shite anyways. :laugh:

Sabby

Sabby

I actually liked RE6. I'm not really a RE fan, so maybe I'm missing something.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 03:28:40 PM
I actually liked RE6. I'm not really a RE fan, so maybe I'm missing something.

The fact that it's really just Gears of War with more grotesque monsters and a forced attempt to be a horror game during the first third of Leon's campaign before turning into the Micheal Bay equivalent of a zombie apocalypse. :P

Granted I'll play RE 6 over any Gears game any day. :P We also did get a rad ass giant Decepticon zombie T-Rex out of it plus Chris' campaign was f**king awesome (the only one that felt like it went anywhere)...so there's that, I guess.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I wouldn't at all be sad if RE kicked the bucket after Racoon City & Resident Giraffe felatio.

Sabby

Sabby

Okay, so it's about the story then. Thanks for clarifying. I mostly value mechanics/gameplay.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 03:40:08 PM
Okay, so it's about the story then. Thanks for clarifying. I mostly value mechanics/gameplay.

Story has always been shit, it's now the gameplay is too.

Sabby

Sabby

What makes you say that? The Leon campaign seemed to play very well.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

That's the problem. The gameplay has gone full on third person shooter.

RE 4 while not being a full on horror game had a nice balance of horror and action and the gameplay complemented this by being about catching your bearings during every fight. In RE 4 you didn't just move forward blasting everything in your way. You had to stop and aim, aim for an enemy's head, shoot, and hope they would stumble into a group so that they would all go flying back when you kicked the one you shot, giving you some breathing space. It managed to make you tense by taking advantage of that fact that there were more enemy's on screen than in the older games and basically telling you from the get go, using a melee attack on a huge swarm of enemy's is the best thing since it'll send them flying.

Compare all that to RE 6 where you just shoot, shoot, shoot shoot, move on, cutscene. Rinse and repeat.

I still enjoy RE 6 but it is a heavily flawed game. :P

Sabby

Sabby

I can agree with all that, but then again I tend to enjoy shooters in general.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 03:48:04 PM
I can agree with all that, but then again I tend to enjoy shooters in general.

So do I, I'm just saying that taking RE in the shooter direction has really hurt the game. It's more fun to play now, and the controls aren't ass, but quality wise since RE 4 there hasn't been an RE that can be considered great, except for Revelations which managed to find a good balance again. Especially the HD version with the improved controls. :P

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm telling yall that RE4 started the ruination of the franchise.  It went back to the PS1's original cheesy ass story, it never was scary, and valued gunplay over survival horror.  The characters were cheesy, the monsters were cheesy, and the bosses were cheesy. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun game, it was just not a good RE game imo.  If it was the start of a new franchise I'd be fine with it.  Its just like Alien Res, a terrible entry into an established franchise.

RE5, and RE6 are basically just the formula for RE4 on steroids.  The gameplay didn't really change all that much and the stories went further and further into the asinine territory.

Sabby

Sabby

I agree, but I usually try not and voice those particular views. In my experience, even implying that RE4 was anything other then serious horror created instant hostility.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed