Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,375 times)

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 09, 2012, 09:04:35 PM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 09, 2012, 08:44:58 PM
I'd heard alot of complaints that there's too many cutscenes breaking up the gameplay but I love it. I've grown up with MGS as my favourite game series so cutscenes don't bother me the way they do for some people. For this game I think they help make it more cinematic and it breaks up the pace a bit so it's not just constant running and gunning. At the most they're usually a couple of minutes long but most of the time they're nothing more than 10 second interludes.
Totally agree, plus I love the merge moments where it goes from cutscene to gameplay-- it's a pretty exhilarating feeling.

Especially when it throws you right into a firefight. Instantly makes you panic like f**k, diving in slow motion taking as many people out as possible before scrambling for cover.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Just defeated Sniper Wolf for the billionth time.

Keg

Keg

Are you Saladin?

ShadowPred

Keg

Keg

Hey hey don't be upset.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Just firing up the PAL keys right now.

EDIT

Dat reveal

WARNING ACTUAL USE OF SPOILER TAGS

Spoiler
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Max Payne

Just finished the game. Jesus Christ, this was one of the best video games story-wise that I've played. It really got me into it, caring about Max and his vendetta. And the gameplay was fun as hell. A damn, damn good game.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Beat MGS earlier today...still the greatest game ever made.

Terx2

Terx2

InFamous. Trying to find all the shards and dead drops.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

R.U.S.E, well wasn't I sneaky?  ;D

I commanded a German army against an Italian army. It didn't last that long.

I ordered a barracks to be built on the lower left flank and an armoured factory to be built foward across the river between two small towns. My barracks (truck) was uner the cover of the camouflage ruse. Then when it was built and I upgraded my grenadier infantry to sturmgrenadiers I then ordered radio silence in the same sector and built 8-9 sturmgrenadier squads and a SDKFZ-222 (armoured recon vehicle) and mae them travel up the left flank and capture two suppy depots along the way until they were ordered to hide in a forest directly next to the enemy main base.

While that is going down I built 4 Panzer 4 tanks and ordered them forward in broad daylight, they took out Italian light tanks (easy prey) and my Panzers stumbbed upon a forward base, they destroyed it with little resistence. I then ordered them to fal back as the itaians were sending anti tank guns.

As the Italians got mad and sent what they could after my tanks I then ordered my sturmgrenadier force under radio silence to attack the main base. The base was unguarded so I captured the main H.Q, a supply depot, a barracks, an anti tank base, and an airfield that they didn't even get to use.

The Italians that went after my tanks were now surrounded, I built an artillery base to launch StuG 3 assault guns to take out the anti tank guns while my sturmgrenadiers and panzers surrounded and made quick work of their remaining Italian forces.

The best part is that this is probably my GREATEST victory. Why? Because I suffered 0 loses.

The End.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 10, 2012, 04:07:46 AM

MGS1 and 3 will remain as two of my favourite games of all time for a long time. Absolutely superb. You ever play The Twin Snakes remake on Gamecube?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Beat res 5 earllier, so boring.
Res 4 > Res 5

WinterActual

WinterActual

Thats right mate. RE4 was the last good RE game.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2012, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 10, 2012, 04:07:46 AM

MGS1 and 3 will remain as two of my favourite games of all time for a long time. Absolutely superb. You ever play The Twin Snakes remake on Gamecube?

I did, but I never completed it. The thing that really bugged me was that the cut-scenes were WAY over the top, all that Matrix crap really put me off...maybe that's the reason I stopped playing, but it's possible that one day I might get this since my MGS1 discs are slowly going to shit.

Keg

Keg

A couple of them are a bit daft but compared to what came later (especially in MGS4) they didnt really bother me. It felt a bit silly when Snake did it but character's like Fox seemed like they should always have been like that. Any scene with Grey Fox just looks so much more badass. When you first meet him, in the corridor with the Soldiers, against Rex etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8S2vYp9xg#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed