Recent posts

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Today at 05:34:44 PMYeah this is incorrect. It was the fact his pitch was always Earth-based that got him the job. Jon Davis was looking for a pitch set on Earth in a 'cool, believable context that would work for both species.' And Anderson's was exactly that in his eyes. Anderson even said he had started his pitch just for fun some ten years earlier.
Really? I thought he changed up the script becausethey were looking for an Earth based film. I know the Peter Briggs' first draft was in space but Fox execs were bitching about making it on Earth until Paul came up with what they want. Hhhhmmmmm

Well, if that is the case, it seems like if he was allowed to touch upon the R rated aspects of the film via Even Horizon, perhaps it would be something worth watching?

Rethoughts, idk how much of these facts are true, but what a recipe if somehow all of these fell into place, having Arnie back on the set, Jerry and Alan as dual composers, and Guillermo del Toro in the director's seat:

QuoteGuillermo del Toro was offered the director's chair, but opted to make Hellboy (2004) instead. Likewise Marco Beltrami composed a score for the film that got rejected, and he went on to score Del Toro's Hellboy.

Jerry Goldsmith and Alan Silvestri were planning to team up for the film's score, but Goldsmith's battle with cancer (and eventual passing) prevented the pairing from occurring. Interestingly, it would have gone against his belief that there's no need for two composers working in the same film; usually, he only accepted an additional composer if he was pressed for time and couldn't make the deadline (as with Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Air Force One).

Unlike Sigourney Weaver from Alien, Arnold Schwarzenegger was willing to work in the crossover under his character of Major Alan "Dutch" Schaeffer from Predator. However, this had to be discarded when he won the recall election to California Governor, as it rendered him unavailable to shoot any films.

The initial script called for five Predators to appear in the film (and be even more killable that they are in the final product), although the number was later reduced to three. The novelization of the film retained this plot point, though.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Mike’s Monsters - Today at 08:00:43 PM
$50 for a digital copy is just way too steep for me. Mayyyybe $40 would get me, but even that's pushing it.
Quote from: SiL on Today at 07:13:35 PMRez is short for Resurrection.
Oh... :|
Rez is short for Resurrection.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The Blue Angels (IMAX Doc)
Last post by ace3g - Today at 07:12:06 PM
Alien: Romulus / Re: Fede Alvarez @ CCXP Mexico
Last post by Mr.M - Today at 06:41:21 PM
I miss the old days when you saw them in a theater and didn't know what trailer was going to play.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 06:32:07 PM
And she ended up dying anyway just a few weeks or months later.  Painfully.
So they actually a second one, huh ?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed