E3 Footage - MedLab

Started by 9th_Stew, Oct 04, 2011, 08:27:22 AM

Author
E3 Footage - MedLab (Read 4,499 times)

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Not sure if this has been talked about before or not but..

Spoiler

When you enter the medlab a face hugger comes to life in a container, now wasn't only 2 alive in the film and they got killed when they attacked Ripley n Newt.... im confuddled

Ash 937

Ash 937

According to this game, a lot has happened since we last saw LV-426 in Aliens.  WY dispatched a research/recovery team to LV-426 before the actual game even begins.  Maybe they set up the new facehugger in medlab.

Griffith

Griffith

It was mentioned before, for now I'll take it as a continuity error

Never say no to Panda!

Continuity errors don't exist, there is ALWAYS an explanation!

Aliens grow too fast? Hormons!
Predators die too fast? They are teenagers!
Egg aboard the Sulaco? It's in the script!

Too many facehuggers? Damn, Weyland-Yutani caught fresh ones!
I guess they will be responsible for 90% of the continui...ehm features.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

May be one was playing dead during the movie, because it was such a good boy.

Seriously, though, there might as well be more Facehuggers in captivity.. Or this:
Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 04, 2011, 04:40:30 PM
According to this game, a lot has happened since we last saw LV-426 in Aliens.  WY dispatched a research/recovery team to LV-426 before the actual game even begins.  Maybe they set up the new facehugger in medlab.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I think the whole demo segment was just a hodgepoge of fan service, and there won't be anything like that in full game.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Oct 04, 2011, 05:01:46 PM
Continuity errors don't exist, there is ALWAYS an explanation!

Aliens grow too fast? Hormons!
Predators die too fast? They are teenagers!
Egg aboard the Sulaco? It's in the script!

Too many facehuggers? Damn, Weyland-Yutani caught fresh ones!
I guess they will be responsible for 90% of the continui...ehm features.
it ain't a continuity error if you can explain it away. :)

SM

SM

Ash was wrong after all.

Or the radiation from the AP explosion bought it back to life.  With super powers.

Or a wizard did it.

Compared to the colony's actual continued existance, a live hugger is minor.

I did find it a bit odd that the marines are talking about "xenos" right at the start, then seconds later someone is asking "What is that thing" in relation to the hugger?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's because "xenos" aren't a term specific to Aliens - 'Aliens' established that with Gorman using the word before any of the Marines encountering any Aliens.

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteThat's because "xenos" aren't a term specific to Aliens - 'Aliens' established that with Gorman using the word before any of the Marines encountering any Aliens.
^Yup
Xeno, literally meaning 'Alien/Foreign/Strange'.   Likewise Xenomorph is a very generic term to describe a type, rather then a specific creature.

But its what has stuck since :P

SM

SM

We'll see if that holds if the first act involves battling an Alien horde on the Sulaco a la Infestation.

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: SM on Oct 05, 2011, 05:16:06 AM
We'll see if that holds if the first act involves battling an Alien horde on the Sulaco a la Infestation.

It's a fact that they encounter an alien horde onboard the sulaco there's a screen of 2 aliens standing aside some cryotubes and it certainly will make sense to why did both of the vessels sulaco and sephora crash landed on LV-426. But still it makes me wonder if the sulaco is overrun by a battallion force where the hell did the hosts come from we are talking about more than 10 aliens, it reminds me to Aliens: Nightmare asylum when Hicks, Newt and the Android (cant remember his name) are onboard a vessel with a live cargo of cocooned hosts, is it possible that there were more crew onboard the sulaco? this lack of info is killing me.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If Aliens: Infestation (the semi-companion game for Colonial Marines) is any indication:
Spoiler
the Sulaco got boarded by a bunch of people from the Union of Progressive Peoples and somehow it resulted in a shitton of Aliens or something so the whole ship is overrun
[close]

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

This reminds of some Dead Space bullshit with the Marker and the Untilogists, if so.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Whoa whoa whoa, nothing about Dead Space is "bullshit", and I will not have someone on the internet badmouthing the perfection that is Dead Space.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed