AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 55,091 times)

LV-666

I hope there's a reference from AVPr with Yutani having to retrieve Wolf's plasma pistol from over a decade ago. That's why they further went on researching and experimenting on the Yautja race.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 07, 2018, 07:20:38 AM
You know, if they wanted to actually do something different with the franchise, how about a Movie where a Predator actually wins at the end?

I always pictured a scenario, where a Predator kills his worthy prey in front of their family, or maybe just their child. The Predator is victorious and collects his last trophy, when he notices the child that witnessed the whole fight. He calmly and non-threateningly walks over, kneels down in front of the child and stares into its eyes. A moment of silence and then the Predator utters these words. "Maybe next time..." Then he gets up and leaves. The Movie could end with a flash forward, the child is now all grown up and a respectable soldier, because he joined the military after the events of the Movie. Then the scene switches to the Predator heat vision and... The End.

Honestly, I like this idea a fair bit.

I'm glad we're not getting friendly preds in pants when they were obviously not shown to do anything worthwhile. 

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 07, 2018, 08:51:22 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 07, 2018, 12:33:28 AM
However i would suspect everyone would likely remember the spear that they elder gifted her.

I don't know how can one think that it's the xeno-tailed spear.
It's quite clear that it will be the spear the Elder gave Lex.
Just need a little logic: Stargazer collects Predator stuff. There are ONLY Predator stuff displayed in the lab. Why would there be a kind of rudimentary spear?

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 07, 2018, 04:03:22 AM
And this scenes was deleted: 1  2  3  4  5    ???

These scenes were also cut (most likely):

The Ark's (probably) 3rd crash landing

Hybrids' attack on Area 52

I'm very disappointed. :(

I somehow really doubt that these two scenes are cut. They don't seem to have anything to do with the ones mentioned to be cut, the Ark's crash landing and the attack shots have been featured in all 3 trailers now - I know it's common from stuff from the trailers not make it to the final film, but not when it's something so vital that's been shown in every piece of promotional material. Remember all the trailers came out after the reshoots, what's been promoted ever since the first teaser is the version with the newly shot 3rd act - the friendly Preds and APC sequence being cut is not a result of the reshoots, it's just something they did now in this last test screening, we can assume they were still there in the post-reshoots test screenings that took place before this one.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 07, 2018, 02:21:44 PM
Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 07, 2018, 08:51:22 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 07, 2018, 12:33:28 AM
However i would suspect everyone would likely remember the spear that they elder gifted her.

I don't know how can one think that it's the xeno-tailed spear.
It's quite clear that it will be the spear the Elder gave Lex.
Just need a little logic: Stargazer collects Predator stuff. There are ONLY Predator stuff displayed in the lab. Why would there be a kind of rudimentary spear?

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 07, 2018, 04:03:22 AM
And this scenes was deleted: 1  2  3  4  5    ???

These scenes were also cut (most likely):

The Ark's (probably) 3rd crash landing

Hybrids' attack on Area 52

I'm very disappointed. :(

I somehow really doubt that these two scenes are cut. They don't seem to have anything to do with the ones mentioned to be cut, the Ark's crash landing and the attack shots have been featured in all 3 trailers now - I know it's common from stuff from the trailers not make it to the final film, but not when it's something so vital that's been shown in every piece of promotional material. Remember all the trailers came out after the reshoots, what's been promoted ever since the first teaser is the version with the newly shot 3rd act - the friendly Preds and APC sequence being cut is not a result of the reshoots, it's just something they did now in this last test screening, we can assume they were still there in the post-reshoots test screenings that took place before this one.

We can't be sure about that either though. Hard to tell which scene is part of the reshoots and which isn't. The scenes with the soldiers being stalked in the woods at night seemed to be part of the reshoots, but other than that, it's very unclear.

Jigsaw85

Isn't that shot of the dead soldiers in the hallway just the aftermath of Captured's escape?

Danversity

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jul 07, 2018, 05:57:52 PM
Isn't that shot of the dead soldiers in the hallway just the aftermath of Captured's escape?

That's what I think too.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 03:20:16 AM
Prohibitively expensive I would say. They were just a bad idea all around.

No, instead, if it were me I would have Captured get horribly injured by Upgrade, maybe the Loonies rescue him, he spends a large chunk of the film in "recovery" on the bus, unconscious mostly, and then in the end he comes back to fight Upgrade, buying our heroes enough time to set a trap.
didn't work in Freddy vs Jason

Xerxész

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jul 07, 2018, 05:57:52 PM

No, becasue they are military soldiers. It's the Area 52 attack scene towards the end of the script...which won't be in the film if we see the latest test screening.
Stargazer soldiers are in black overalls (for example the dude whose throat is cut by the Shuriken).

yautjapet

No, instead, if it were me I would have Captured get horribly injured by Upgrade, maybe the Loonies rescue him, he spends a large chunk of the film in "recovery" on the bus, unconscious mostly, and then in the end he comes back to fight Upgrade, buying our heroes enough time to set a trap.

I'd really like this. I think that was my main disappointment with the loss of the friendly preds - that after Captive dies, we're only left with Upgrade, and no main classic pred to be invested in. I think your idea would be more satisfying.

I'll also say that though I was initially disappointed about the friendlies being cut, I'm at least somewhat placated to learn that their appearance in the script was minor. I would've thought their motivations would be delved into more, as characters rather than mere brief "cameos," but if that was never the case I guess no great loss...?

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 03:02:20 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 07, 2018, 02:50:46 AM
Ok...I was actually looking forward to the Friendly Predators, I wasn't really against that.

What an odd choice...

Not really. They're basically worthless in the script. Two, three scenes, maybe five minutes of total screen time. It's better not to damage the classic Predator image further. Two Predators and the hounds sounds ideal to me.

The only real shame is we lost Edward James Olmos. :(
yes indeed I'm deeply butt hurt over this move especially looking forward to his scene at the end explaining traeger

Danversity

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 07, 2018, 06:18:32 PM

I'd really like this. I think that was my main disappointment with the loss of the friendly preds - that after Captive dies, we're only left with Upgrade, and no main classic pred to be invested in. I think your idea would be more satisfying.

I'll also say that though I was initially disappointed about the friendlies being cut, I'm at least somewhat placated to learn that their appearance in the script was minor. I would've thought their motivations would be delved into more, as characters rather than mere brief "cameos," but if that was never the case I guess no great loss...?

Except we don't know just when Capture dies - or if he dies after all.
"But the script--" like I've said before, forget about the script. Let me tell you about another script leak from a couple years ago; just like it happened with The Predator, an early draft of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter leaked, and the plot was essentially the same of the final movie, but in that leaked script Wesker was the big bad, there was a final battle between Alice and him and they both died, and Claire released the anti-virus to the world. I don't know how many of you guy have seen that movie, and whether you like it or not is irrelevant, but that's not what happened in the final movie. And that film didn't go through reshoots or anything.
I'm telling you, as much as the plot is essentially the same, the events of The Predator are gonna differ from the leaked script quite a bit. I'm thinking Captured probably dies, but I'm sure it's not gonna be like in the script, however that is (I haven't read it).

OpenMaw

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jul 07, 2018, 06:08:18 PM
didn't work in Freddy vs Jason

It worked fine. Freddy Vs Jason is arguably the best of the versus films. Keeping Jason unconscious like a ticking time bomb made perfect sense.

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 07, 2018, 06:18:32 PM

Well, the dialogue regarding their appearance in the script is almost literally. "Here's your backup" "They've been here awhile" "They don't agree with what others of their kind are doing."

and that's about it.

I don't even see it as a spoiler now that they're cut. They're kind of played up in the first scene. Like there's this reveal where they turn around and reveal themselves... and then f**k all is done with them. I was really honestly surprised.

It's almost like how in some action movies you have more cops show up on the scene, only the badguys just start gunning them down like sacks of meat.

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 07, 2018, 06:39:39 PM
Except we don't know just when Capture dies - or if he dies after all.

We actually do. We definitely do know that he dies, and how he dies.

I'm thinking Captured probably dies, but I'm sure it's not gonna be like in the script, however that is (I haven't read it).

A few minor details are changed, but
Spoiler
his exit from the story happens at the same point, and under the same circumstances.
[close]

Dusk

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 07:29:19 PM
I'm thinking Captured probably dies, but I'm sure it's not gonna be like in the script, however that is (I haven't read it).

A few minor details are changed, but
Spoiler
his exit from the story happens at the same point, and under the same circumstances.
[close]

Spoiler
Would that be the moment we see in the Trailer? With Upgrade towering over Captured and Captured appearing all wobbly on his legs?
[close]

ViewerAnon

Most of it has been shown in the trailer.

Spoiler
Upgrade tears the classic Predator out of the school.  He then rips its head off and does the classic spine trophy thing.
[close]

Samhain13

Samhain13

In a way for me those cuts were good, specially if the 2 other predators were just there to be used as cannon fodder for the cursed Chad.

But then now it's just Predators all over again, a "normal" predator is used as cannon fodder to the new "super" predator and the main human still finds a way to beat him somehow.

And what happened to the Predators sequel? Does anyone know why Fox decided to forget that? Was the box office bad? I don't remember the details. I remember Adrien Brody was up for more movies.

These franchises have this bad habit of leaving a lot of material(movies,books,games) with open endings.

Quote from: ViewerAnon on Jul 07, 2018, 07:36:29 PM
Most of it has been shown in the trailer.

Spoiler
Upgrade tears the classic Predator out of the school.  He then rips its head off and does the classic spine trophy thing.
[close]

Yeah its Predators all over again. That was one of the main mistakes of that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed