AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 55,088 times)

Master

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jul 06, 2018, 08:52:43 PM
Quote from: frenchfries on Jul 06, 2018, 08:26:10 PM
I'm actually really happy with these changes. Sounded like they had way too much going on in the previous cuts. I just want a solid Shane black predator film, I don't need a bunch of new stuff for the sake of having new stuff. And I am surprised that people are disappointed with a third act that consists of a hunt..in the forest...IN A PREDATOR MOVIE. That's like complaining that a saw movie ends with booby traps.

But that's what every predator film boils down too, God forbid they actually try to give us something fresh and new. "Predators don't just sit around making hats out of rib cages, they conquered space." was a great line because it implies that the predators actually have a master plan for their race but now it seems we're just going to get a few lines of dialogue hinting at a much more interesting story while we have to watch a predator "make hats out of rib cages" again, just like all the other films. This will be just like Alien Covenant where they decided to push aside the interesting ideas of Prometheus so we can watch a semi-remake of the original Alien.

Do the humans have a master plan for their race? Maybe aside of f**king one another over percentage?

Danversity

Oh I can only imagine if they had this "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality when they were coming up with a sequel for Alien.

Master

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 06, 2018, 09:14:32 PM
Oh I can only imagine if they had this "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality when they were coming up with a sequel for Alien.

Don't think so. They just let the former senile version of himself have a blast.

Danversity

Yeah I know, I was being sarcastic. xD

LxSFjT

Now if only they can get rid of the "Super-Duper Predator", the brain dead Pred-Dog, the unnecessary AVP references, and the kid then the movie will at least be watchable and average.

Master

Well, I'm kinda happy they gathered all those things together.

Danversity

Now THAT would reduce the movie to pretty much a "more of the same" Predator movie.

SHANEBLACKRESPECTER

SHANEBLACKRESPECTER

Well at least now you're going to have a built in excuse when when this movie flops.

"It wasn't visionary director Shane Black's fault his purile Monster Squad sequel flopped,  they cut out the peace signing Predators in cargo pants! The movie easily would have broken a billion dollars at the box office if it had spider Predators in it!"

Master

I meant Predator weapons and equipment.

D88M

Test screenings, test audiences, and reshoots are dumb and pointless. Also how STUPID is to put the awful AVP movies into canon? From the leaked script this movie sounded awful and it just gets worse with every article.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: D88M on Jul 06, 2018, 10:33:48 PM
Test screenings, test audiences, and reshoots are dumb and pointless. Also how STUPID is to put the awful AVP movies into canon? From the leaked script this movie sounded awful and it just gets worse with every article.

Idk, AVP being canon just... doesn't even make any sense at this point.

Ultramorph

IDK, AVP being canon makes sense if you accept that xenos exist in the Predator universe, but that the Alien films are separate. I personally like that they're getting acknowledged, it bugs me when stuff gets retconned like what happened to the last few Terminator movies.

ace3g

Quote"friendly" Predators that we've previously seen photos of completely cut from the film, as is the entire APC sequence and the various hybrid creatures

Kinda sucks for the actors that did the creature work for those 2 predators.

Also unless I missed it, is there a link to the full article?

MudButt

Studios do them for every movie. Any movie you have love has had test screenings, gotten results from the audience and made the required changes they think will make the movie better. Most bigger budget movies go through re-shoots, it's built into their budget. Numerous times during the editing process the director will see that something is missing and having the ability to back and tweak something or re-shoot a sequence can greatly improve a movie. People hear re-shoots and assume the movie is a train wreck, when a lot of times it's not even close to being true. Ever since the FANT4STIC drama people get scared when they hear test screenings and re-shoots. It's ridiculous.

A scene with a spear from AvP is not that big of a deal. It's going to be a quick nod for the fans of the franchise. I doubt it will affect the movie at all.

Danversity

Yeeaaahhh right? I mean, I would've much preferred for the ET to have died in the end of ET, damn those stupid dumb test screenings and reshoots that dared change that. Don't even get me started on Scott Pilgrim.

That was sarcasm again, by the way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed