The Resident Evil Series

Started by Stay Frosty, Jan 08, 2007, 06:05:56 PM

Author
The Resident Evil Series (Read 17,043 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

It won't be out on PS2 the reason its taking so long is they are struggling even with the next-gen consoles to get the frame rate they want for the whole game, the running zombie aspect ties in with this so you can see why its important to the developers. But don't worry, by the time RE5 is released the price of the PS3 will probably be down to about £200 anyways. It won't be here for another 15 months at least im afraid. The RE Wii game is due in late 2007 tho and it is basically an abridged version of the whole saga so far with levels in the mansion, raccoon city and the RE4 village with a rumoured totally new level filling in the gap between RE4 and the build up to RE5. Plus we will be given more infomation on what really happened to Umbrella.

frosty_141

frosty_141

really? you think the ps3 would ever go down that low?? mabe, but i herd they would use design simplification, ie cheap tool, chips etc... i don't know if it would ever go that low, but i sure hope all games are at the 40- 35 range, 50 is alot for one game, but what ya gonna do?

Cromartie

Cromartie

hey guys if theres anything you need to know about Resident Evil talk to me as im something of an expert!!

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

If you want any story infomation, check out a timeline i wrote at www.biohaze.com/timeline/intro.htm. I like to think it's one of the most comprehensive on the web.

Cromartie

Cromartie

not bad kid you are welll taught in the ways of resi evil lets be buds?

fluxcap

fluxcap

That was a good read, thanks.

frosty_141

frosty_141

well ign keep saying it will be a november 2007 release but i think its just an estimate, but because they've been so hush hush on the game, by now it could be progressing well

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Capcom have already confirmed RE5 won't be out til mid 2008. Umbrella Chronicles is released 19 oct 2007, not sure if thats in europe tho.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I've liked about every RE game I've played.  I even liked the very first movie to a degree.  And I liked Resident Evil 4.  I think its the funnest out of every game there is.  That said, its the worst represented RE in the franchises history.  Its such a radical departure it will never be my favorite RE game.

frosty_141

frosty_141

but you fail to give the game credit for breathing new life into the series that was running out of ideas and producing nothing new, not to mention the fact that from res 4 every third person game has clearly robbed the behind the back view, most next-gen games are taking their cues from it, i dont know if its my favourite, as res1 and 2 were so gd, but its definatly up their for all its innovations

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The over the back view had been done a lot earlier in games than Resident evil 4 my friend.  I don't really think its all that much more innovative than Devil May Cry.  You do practically the same thing in both games, the only difference is Dante can fly around, while Leon is more grounded.

It was FUN, but it wasn't like RE3 was dull.  It did have the wandering AI boss continually chasing you around after all. 

To me, its a radical departure from the rest of the franchise.  Its good no doubt, I still consider it an 8.5/10 game.  I just don't like it as a RE game.  It was so cheesy, it had no elements of fear to it, it was easy, and series staples like zombies/umbrella make no appearance.  You don't need to get rid of them, just make them behave differently if you think that zombies are getting old.  Its almost like they took the idea for one game, and slapped Ada/Wesker/Leon skins over their main characters.

Continuity wise it also hurt, instead of going straight after Umbrella, there is always going to be this one cheezy episode where Leon had to face Los Plagas. 

frosty_141

frosty_141

oo no doubt i agree over the back view has been done many times before, but not in the way it is in res 4 if you get what im saying, like the fixed angle behind leon, not so central like silent hill for example, its just something you can see reflected in alot of nxt gen games, as far as interactivity, this is where it has innovated as devil may cry had little or no interactivity with surroundings etc.. but yes i do like res3 nemesis was a gd concept, added tension. but for anything to continue to be a sucess you can always argue it must evolve, which is what res4 is for the series, its evolution

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I had forgotten about the couple other episodes happening on the other consoles.  Like 0 and the REmake.  As well as Outbreak 1 and 2.

frosty_141

frosty_141

personally i did not like outbreak at all, i mean, it had potential, but didn't deliver, there were some good levels like the last one of outbreak1 (sharks!!!!) but the fact it wasn't online was a bummer, and i had herd before its release you could be a zombie???? any one do this????

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I am awesome at RE4. I kick so much booty. To bad it doesn't have multiplayer. Anyone else feel like the Terminator protecting John Connor while playing it? I felt like I was playing an interactive action movie. It was awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed