Bad reviews dnt mean alot.

Started by Spectre, Dec 20, 2007, 09:26:57 PM

Author
Bad reviews dnt mean alot. (Read 25,946 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Craig on Dec 21, 2007, 05:21:10 AM
Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 05:17:51 AM
Quote from: Khan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:17:25 AM
At Rotten Tomatoes, has there been a movie that has a 100 percent rating.

Alien and Aliens.
Alien is 97%

That's still very good.

That Yellow Alien

Guess I am mistaken.

Whoever gave it a bad review needs a good ass'whoppin.

gases

gases

Meh even if some movie gets 95% and its about drama or something else I will not go see it. Reason: I don't like sole drama movies. This is why I can still watch AVP and find it more enjoyable than a lot of other movies, because I like the stuff in it. The 95% review didn't earn the drama movie much more money than something else with "cool subject matter".

p.s I'm gonna watch this movie a lot.

Space Disc Jockey

Well, bad reviews or not, I'm still going to see this movie. I don't care what Ebert and other critics say. I want to be my own critic. I have been excited for this film, since seeing the Red Band and I'm even more excited now. I'm not expecting 4 stars, but at least it will kick THE f**k out of Anderson's AVP! I'm going into this movie as a fun, pop-corn horror/sci-fi film and not thinking "Alien 5" or "Predator 3".

If the majority of reviews of AVP R are really bad, then yeah, it might hurt it, but Colin is right, there have been many movies that were "bad" and didn't get great reviews, but made alot of money (cough* Spider-man 3 *cough).

I'm expecting AVP R to be a 2.5 or 3 stars out of 4.

BTW, Colin, are you at all surprised that some people have seen the film, already?

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Even though some critics arent allowed to see it?

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Khan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:46:35 AM

We did a cast and crew screenings Tuesday night on the Fox lot.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Dec 21, 2007, 05:55:21 AM
And there was much rejoicing.

Trioxide

Trioxide

**looks at SiL and Colin**

***slowly walks out of thread***

SiL

SiL

Quote from: T-X on Dec 21, 2007, 06:03:12 AM
**looks at SiL and Colin**

***slowly walks out of thread***
Hey, if there wasn't much rejoicing, we should all just kiss the movie goodbye :P

ashion

ashion

No amount of bad whiney reviews are gonna keep me away from this. Won't be able to see it opening day but as soon as i get back from visiting my folks i'm gonna be hauling ass to the local big cinema... with my flat mate in tow. He just wants to come with me to see me giggle exitedly with all the gore and my 2 fave movie monsters. Yes i am a disturbed person.

Nice to see your still here with us Colin. If you or Greg ever come to Australia expect a glomping from me if your ever in Melbourne.  ;D

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: SiL on Dec 21, 2007, 05:58:12 AM
And there was much rejoicing.

And they were forced to eat Roberts ministerials. And there was much rejoicing.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Khan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:17:25 AM
At Rotten Tomatoes, has there been a movie that has a 100 percent rating.

Aliens...

Weasel

Weasel

Jurassic Park only has a 87 over there. Not all their judgment is good.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Khan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:46:35 AM

You did not answer the question there, Colin...!

Why the PRO critics aren't getting a whiff of this movie...?

Can you answer us that...? ;)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

It is not the percentage that affects me, it's the tone and the ground covered in that review...

Spoilers or not, if a review cover the ground from the script (Preprod) to the VFX (post-prod) and the result is not good (spoilers/movie facts help the reviewer exemplify whis claims) and when 3 FAN reviewers state the movie is bad, I tend to believe them more, because the first NON-FAN (Movie web) one clearly shows that he knows that the more people will see the movie, the more possibilities Alien 5 and Predator 3 will have to be done...  ::)

And it is what's in the reviews that matter, not stars or percentages...I would not compare a 29% Next with a 22% AVP... And I surely would not have given 100% to Aliens with all its 'imperfections'...

Hence why only the CONTENT of the review means anything to me... That and the pedigree of the reviewer... And they exist to prevent us from spending our money on bad movies... Like a warning sign: 'See it at your own peril'...!

vehtam's friend did a Spoiler-free review and had many points of contact with Dacu's review... They are fans, not some newspaper reviewer who will watch it and analyse it not in terms of fandomness, but in terms of watchability and quality of the movie's intrincate parts... A movie being the sum of all parts, not just one or two... ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed