Biehn discusses returning for Alien 5, name-drops Jessica Chastain for Newt

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 16, 2016, 01:12:52 PM

Author
Biehn discusses returning for Alien 5, name-drops Jessica Chastain for Newt (Read 1,475 times)

Corporal Hicks

http://www.squareeyed.tv/2016/05/16/alien-5-michael-biehn/

QuoteBiehn himself dropped by Belfast Comic-Con on the weekend of May 14,15 and, during his Saturday Q&A session (which we attended), discussed Alien 5, intriguingly name-dropping Jessica Chastain when discussing the Newt artwork.

"It's basically going to cut off three and four while bringing me and Newt back," Biehn said.

"Newt is 26, 27 and if you look at the artwork he [Blomkamp] put up, it looks like Jessica Chastain, who won the Academy Award last year. Every actress is going to want to play her.

Now, this is where it gets slightly confusing. Although Biehn name-dropped Chastain, she hasn't won an Oscar before, leading us to believe that he's getting her mixed up with either Brie Larson or Alicia Vikander, who have both won Oscars this year and are also both 26-27 (Larson is 26, Vikander is 27).

We're just speculating here and we're not saying those two actresses are in the frame to play Newt, but if you look at the artwork, it doesn't look anything like Chastain and you could easily imagine either Larson or Vikander playing her. Considering that Chastain is 39 (meaning she'll be over 40 by the time Alien 5 finally rolls around), we would assume she won't be playing her.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Commander Lewis? Yeah, she is perhaps a little too old to play a twenty-something but she does cut quite a strong female leader type figure without coming across as too manly.

Vikander is Fassbender's girlfriend so that would be interesting.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not putting much stock in this one. It doesn't sound as if he's saying that from any place of knowledge.

windebieste

I've said it before.  Biehn should just STFU. 

Waiting for official announcements before I take any of his fan baiting seriously. 

-Windebieste.

RakaiThwei

And again he's saying it's going to ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection..

Wasn't he, I don't know, forced to somewhat retract that a few months back?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: windebieste on May 17, 2016, 12:43:56 AM
I've said it before.  Biehn should just STFU. 

Waiting for official announcements before I take any of his fan baiting seriously. 

-Windebieste.

That's the best thing to do.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I don't put too much stock in what he has to say, to be honest.

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2016, 06:30:58 PM
I'm not putting much stock in this one. It doesn't sound as if he's saying that from any place of knowledge.

I think they are all trying to keep Fox aware of the hype.

Perfect-Organism

The role of Newt will definitely be clamored over.  He's right in that..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed