Will Scott finally link Prometheus 2 as a direct prequel to Alien?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 04, 2015, 03:07:05 PM

Author
Will Scott finally link Prometheus 2 as a direct prequel to Alien? (Read 1,337 times)

LastSurvivor92

If this is Scott's final Prometheus film wouldn't anyone suspect that he would take the leap to make Prometheus 2 a direct prequel to Alien?

Maybe we'll figure out how the derelict landed on LV-426. I know he said "No more dragons" meaning Aliens but he doesn't need a xenomorph to connect Prometheus 2 to Alien.

How will he actually end the series to make it connect to Alien? And if he doesn't how would it end?

Jarac

Didn't Scott say that Prometheus 2 would only further distance itself away from the Alien franchise? If so, then I don't believe it will. It's practically become its own thing, now.

Valaquen

They were saying back in 2012 that any Prometheus sequel would move further away from the Alien series.

Gash

I've never understood why a prequel has to have such direct links. It merely has to tell a story that has hints at what is tol come. I thought that was enough in Prometheus, it's better that there are just clues as to where it all might lead.

Do we want to see a young Brett signing up for an engineering course, and the construction of the Nostromo?

Isn't that verring close to Lucas's bizarre need to destroy the imagination by having a young Darth Vader build C3PO, and little kid Boba Fett etc. To me, that's a good example of how not to make a prequel.

Immortan Jonesy

Only if the original Space Jockey is a different entity and not an Engineer. Otherwise, no thanks. In addition, Prometheus already spoiled us the climax of that story, so nothing new there.

evolution_rex

I think the attempts to say that the Prometheus series will only go further away from Alien is a sham, honestly. I think it's going to distance itself until the third film, where it ends with a direct link to the original. If it's not the third film then it's the last. But either way it probably won't be Prometheus 2. It's going on it's own journey until the end. Which I don't mind at all.

Russ

I a way, I think it might go the direction that many on here have been calling for. It's a big universe, the Xenos are one small part of it. All this stuff could take place in the same 'verse (like Blade Runner and Soldier for instance), but not really have any connection at all apart from a shared history (Weyland exists in the universe, there is a ship called the Nostromo, there is the ICC and all that).

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Jarac on Mar 04, 2015, 03:09:18 PMDidn't Scott say that Prometheus 2 would only further distance itself away from the Alien franchise?

He did. I've been restating this continually for weeks now, but apparently people still think the new film will go more Alien.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 05, 2015, 12:10:47 PM
Quote from: Jarac on Mar 04, 2015, 03:09:18 PMDidn't Scott say that Prometheus 2 would only further distance itself away from the Alien franchise?

He did. I've been restating this continually for weeks now, but apparently people still think the new film will go more Alien.

I really hope so man. I mean Prometheus was a good film but honestly it wasn't a film I would go crazy about making sequels to. I believe Scott should end the series with Prometheus 2 and let other directors take a hold of making the series of Alien more orginal and exciting.

Idk....I just wasn't super impressed with the Prometheus and the direction they were taking. It was rather out there and super philosophical for my taste. I appreciate the film and really enjoy it for what it is but compared to the other 4 Alien films it rather pales in comparison.

Keyes

It was Damon Lindelof who said Prometheus 2 would "tangentialize even further away from the original Alien", not Ridley.

http://collider.com/ridley-scott-damon-lindelof-michael-fassbender-prometheus-interview/

In fact in the Blu-ray audio commentary it was Ridley who said that a 3rd Promtheus film would lead right upto the start of Alien.

Ash 937

Prometheus 2 can go in two directions at this point.  They can focus on Shaw and David's severed head or they can focus on the "proto" alien from the last scene in the film.  Personally, I'd like to see a story that focuses on the latter.  I really liked Wall-E when it came out and the notion of a lonely being on an isolated planet that tries to figure out the world for itself is really appealing to me.  If they focus on Shaw and David, we'll likely just get another movie about curious people searching for meaning in the universe again...and I already saw that when I saw the Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed