*Spoilers* David and the Engineers

Started by Alien Runner, Apr 01, 2017, 10:25:42 AM

Author
*Spoilers* David and the Engineers (Read 5,618 times)

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 04, 2017, 09:41:24 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 04, 2017, 09:34:30 PM
because that's not what he actually thinks.

also he doesnt black goo the planet, he lightning strikes it and hence the charred bodies.
Wut.

I don't think that's what happens.  :D

Right..  At least not initially.  According to the Cinemacon accounts, he definitely drops the black goo hammer on the crowd. 

What I wonder is this : 

While David is admiring his handy work...  Does Shaw take control of the ship?  Obviously the ship somehow gets from the Engineer city to where it's currently crashed.  Perhaps that is what we are seeing in the Shaw hologram?

So..

David at some point has decided that the Engineers are no better than humans, or are one and the same for all intents and purposes.

- He lands on Paradise and triggers a docking procedure
- Inhabitants come to greet the ship (perhaps ships don't come home to roost very often anymore)
- He drops the goo
- Engineers start to mutate and kill each other
- Shaw takes control of the ship and tries to leave the planet.  Perhaps she fires the engines which kills/crisps the mutating engineers
- David tries to retake control of the ship from Shaw and causes the Juggernaut to crash

SpeedyMaxx

I'm still not convinced it crashed at all. It looks pretty intact to me. It's an easy story to tell newcomers if you want to appear nonthreatening - 'we crashed, I'm stranded here.'

Mustangjeff

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 05, 2017, 01:03:30 PM
I'm still not convinced it crashed at all. It looks pretty intact to me. It's an easy story to tell newcomers if you want to appear nonthreatening - 'we crashed, I'm stranded here.'

Except for the path all those huge trees which are sheared off at the trunk.  That doesn't give me the impression of a controlled landing.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Apr 05, 2017, 02:00:04 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 05, 2017, 01:03:30 PM

Except for the path all those huge trees which are sheared off at the trunk.  That doesn't give me the impression of a controlled landing.

They could've been crushed just as easily in landing, of course. But that's a fair point.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The juggernaut in Prometheus was still intact after being rammed and exploded on by another ship and after crashing to the ground.

Seems logical that the other ship that Shaw and David flew away in would still be intact after a crash landing on paradise.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 05, 2017, 02:39:54 PM
The juggernaut in Prometheus was still intact after being rammed and exploded on by another ship and after crashing to the ground.

Seems logical that one would still be intact after a crash landing on paradise.

I thought that was a different juggernaut inside the installation for some reason. I guess I have to watch the movie again.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 05, 2017, 02:46:38 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 05, 2017, 02:39:54 PM

Seems logical that one would still be intact after a crash landing on paradise.

I thought that was a different juggernaut inside the installation for some reason. I guess I have to watch the movie again.

Different ships same model, I'm assuming that the one Shaw left in at the end of Prometheus can take a similar amount punishment.

SpeedyMaxx

Oh yes, same model. I thought you were suggesting the juggernaut that crashed was the one David and Shaw left in.

426Buddy

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 05, 2017, 03:13:21 PM
Oh yes, same model. I thought you were suggesting the juggernaut that crashed was the one David and Shaw left in.

lol I edited my original post to be less confusing now  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed