33 (80.5%)
Alien 3
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Aliens vs. Alien 3 (Read 9,893 times)

SM

SM

Kinda off topic, but trying to avoid starting a new thread - does anyone remember the name of the website that had a bunch of Alien 3 production documents (reshoot script, call sheets, etc)?  It was taken down years ago but was available on the Wayback Machine.  Cannot find it for the life of me or remember the site name.

SiL

SiL

I'm pretty sure it was run by Cvalda, I'll ask her.

EDIT

Alien Archives

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Alien Archives

SM

SM

Thanks both.  That's what I thought it was called.  Can't even find it on the Wayback Machine now.

I mainly just needed the name so proper credit could be given for something.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 05, 2023, 11:36:43 AMAliens is the better film but I find myself revisiting Alien 3 much more often.

I think this is a far assessment for me too. Aliens is the objectively better movie. But Alien 3 just intrigues me a bit more to the point that I've probably revisited it more. Though to be fair, that difference is probably very minute in the grand scheme of things.  :laugh: 

ralfy

ralfy

It'd be interesting if they had used Gibson's script for the third movie and then revised it slightly, e.g., the Sulaco computer malfunctions and the ship drifts towards a large space city. The four are rescued while the Sulaco is towed towards the docks, with the eggs undetected below the hangar grills.

SM

SM

And made the cold war angle relevant and made Hicks the actual main character.

razeak

razeak

All 4 are haunted house movies. Come at me bros. lol.

Alien - Haunted house on a space ship with 1 ghost
Aliens - Haunted house in a .........big house with a lot of ghosts and momma ghost and 'splosions. Seriously, it spends more time being suspenseful than action.
Alien 3 - Haunted house in another big house, but 1 ghost and potential summoning of a momma ghost. only two 'splosions.
A:R - Haunted house with some dirty bikers like your average direct to video that resurrects our hero and big momma ghost and uses more brown than Call of Duty, but with a twist.  A:R goes the furthest. Best film ever. ;)

The odds of me watching the first 3 are pretty high. A:R.....very unlikely.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I personally find AR so much easier to watch than A3 because it's a popcorn film. I remember seeing it at the theater, and as bad as the film is, everyone still had a good time. :laugh:

SiL

SiL

A3 is the only film in the franchise I'd call boring. AR cracks along at least.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's Prometheus to me, or AVP (by far) if included. Can't imagine finding any of the originals boring.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

AVP and Covenant are yawn producing for me. First four not at all. Prometheus not really.

AVPR
Spoiler
absolutely the hell not  ;D
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

The only one I find boring is Prometheus and thats because after the first viewing you know how completly unsatisfying the plot is.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Prometheus is the worst of the six because, interesting as it is conceptually and as nice looking as it is, it really has no excuse for being such a structural mess (both at the script level and, inexplicably, even worse in the edit). I don't hate Prometheus by any means (the ideas at its core really do work for me, even when the execution never really lives up to them), but also, I can't make excuses for it/forgive it for its warts quite the way I can with Alien 3, given that one's notably messy production.

Covenant rocks.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'd say Aliens is the objectively better movie, but not by much. Anyway I find myself revisiting both often.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed