Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 285,890 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Oh I absolutely agree.

PAS Spinelli

Haven't kept up with this for awhile, I liked the Hadley's Hope oneshot, how is this one so far? Has the art gotten better or is it still just traced figures?

Engineer

Quote from: SpaceKase on Aug 07, 2021, 05:21:10 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 05, 2021, 12:44:15 PM
Also Resurrection does exist believe it or not
It's sort of problematic anytime one wants to use Alien Resurrection in reference to any kind of baseline for the Alien. The reason is that we don't truly see any Aliens in Resurrection, only artificially grown genetic mish-mashes of human and xeno dna.

Continuing on this tangent briefly... I agree, and I use the same logic applied to Ripley-8 whenever she's compared to the Ripley from the original trilogy; she's not the same Ripley...

Anyway, The bendy tongue aside, I'm more bothered by the fact that the artwork in question has a spine (or what looks like a spine) running straight down the center of its chest.

BlueMarsalis79

Something similar's present in the original:

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 05, 2021, 12:44:15 PM
Also Resurrection does exist believe it or not

Is that what CB keeps telling you ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 07, 2021, 05:13:27 PM
Anyway, The bendy tongue aside, I'm more bothered by the fact that the artwork in question has a spine (or what looks like a spine) running straight down the center of its chest.

You should never take the cover art literally. It's just artistic license. So many times the cover has no bearing on the actual story.

HuDaFuK

The covers for Defiance were ace, but I don't remember a single one of them having any relation to what actually happens in the issue.

Voodoo Magic

It's a shame that my copy of the latest issue sits bag and boarded mere inches away from me, but I have yet to find the desire to read it.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2021, 09:23:05 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 07, 2021, 05:13:27 PM

You should never take the cover art literally. It's just artistic license. So many times the cover has no bearing on the actual story.

I agree, but it's just another thing on the long list of disappointments I have with marvel's alien series so far. This cover, along with a number of others, is lower down on that list, though... being fair, some of the covers have been absolutely gorgeous.

Corporal Hicks

ALIEN #8
PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
Cover by MARC ASPINALL
Variant Cover by R.B. SILVA • Variant Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
BLOOD HARVEST!
• The xenomorphs overtake the settlement.
• A last stand is made.
• A terrible truth is learned.

HuDaFuK

OK, that alternate cover is quite entertaining :)

Voodoo Magic

But the facehugger is blocking her face...

Engineer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 11, 2021, 12:41:43 PM
But the facehugger is blocking her face...

Lmfao

Corporal Hicks

QuoteMarvel's Alien series continues its new Alien story in Alien #8. Following up on Marvel's Alien debut, Alien: Bloodlines, writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson and artist Salvador Larroca dive into Alien: Sanctuary. Kicking off in Alien #7, Alien: Sanctuary occurs on a recently terraformed colony that looks like paradise. When a mysterious ship crashes into it, hell is unleashed. Comicbook.com can reveal the cover to Alien #8, the second installment of the new arc, by Marc Aspinall. There are also two variant covers, one from RB Silva and another by Ivan Shavrin. Take a look at all three of the new covers below.

"I can't thank the fans enough for all the support they've shown Marvel's Alien," Johnson says in a statement provided to ComicBook.com. "Sales have consistently outperformed expectations, the whole team is super grateful, and we'll keep working as hard as we can to give you the best, most true-to-the-franchise stories we know how. I'm the biggest Alien fan alive, and getting to create within this universe is a dream-come-true I'll never take for granted.

"For the first arc of the Marvel era, Alien: Bloodlines, we tried to give fans a story they'd find familiar but from a new perspective: the story of former marine and Weyland-Yutani company man Gabriel Cruz, with a horrific legacy and a desperate need to reclaim the family he threw away. In the second arc, Alien: Sanctuary, we're flipping the script a bit, giving fans something they've never seen before. Readers will meet Jane Callan, a leader of a persecuted, old-world religion called the Spinners. Jane suffers from a degenerative disease, and is spending the final months of her increasingly difficult life on an offworld terraforming operation. Once the operation is complete, the colony will officially be Spinner territory, a sanctuary for Jane and her faith... until a spacecraft crash-lands in their little paradise with a mysterious, deadly cargo. Now, as Jane's body continues to betray her, she has to protect her flock from her worst nightmare: the perfect organism, a merciless survivor that kills its prey from the inside."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-alien-8-sanctuary-covers/

Nightmare Asylum

So it's definitely picking up with a whole new roster of characters, then. Though I still have a gut feeling that somewhere in this "arc" we might be in for a twist with Cruz crashing down on this planet.

Fingers crossed that this one is better than the first arc...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed