Bosses

Started by Hybrid King, Jan 11, 2013, 08:05:26 PM

Author
Bosses (Read 8,546 times)

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Getting hunted by a single Runner, (You lose your weapons during a narrow encounter with some Xenos.) and have to play a deadly game of cat and mouse, within the lower regions of Hadleys hope- you know it would be a sheer sh*te-yourself moment.  :laugh:

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: The Runner on Jan 12, 2013, 04:01:08 PM
The logic of throwing in an engineer from poopetheus would make just as much sense as throwing in a predator.

Why's that exactly? A lot of that derelict was unexplored and there's nothing to say another engineer could have been in deep sleep in there all along. Your squad could come across him and accidentally wake him up. I don't see the issue really.

I realise the chances are very slim but I think that's a better alternative than having yet another variation of alien. And isn't the rumour the game was delayed again until 2013 because they wanted to incorporate some Prometheus stuff?

And as regards canon surely no one is going to treat this game as such no matter what Gearbox or even 20th Century Fox say.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

I agree with Prime113 and TheBATMAN.It is not out of logic to meet an engineer in game or maybe some indigenous creature we haven't seen in the movies.Even if the creators hadn't talked to Ridley still they have an excuse to use the engineers since they appeared on the 1st Alien movie.Also the derelict is unexplored...who knows what is hiding in there.But to be honest i find it more likely we fight a WY android or an alien mutant as a boss than an engineer.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jan 12, 2013, 08:55:09 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Jan 12, 2013, 04:01:08 PM
The logic of throwing in an engineer from poopetheus would make just as much sense as throwing in a predator.

Why's that exactly? A lot of that derelict was unexplored and there's nothing to say another engineer could have been in deep sleep in there all along. Your squad could come across him and accidentally wake him up. I don't see the issue really.

I realise the chances are very slim but I think that's a better alternative than having yet another variation of alien. And isn't the rumour the game was delayed again until 2013 because they wanted to incorporate some Prometheus stuff?

And as regards canon surely no one is going to treat this game as such no matter what Gearbox or even 20th Century Fox say.

Engineer, what engineer?

There's nothing in the alien universe called engineers?

Are you mistaking your so called Engineer for this mysterious, unearthly, biomechanoid creature?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 12, 2013, 08:06:16 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 12, 2013, 06:12:31 PM
But this game is supposed to be canon so if they include a different type of engineer it will ruin the continuity. Also, since the game was in production before Prometheus and for all I know they didn't have any communication so they couldn't have known there was going to be Engineers that we see in Prometheus.

They talked to Ridley Scott while Prometheus was in production.

Yep, and if I'm not mistaken, they actually got to look at some concept art of the film.

No way that they aren't going to be influenced by that.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 12, 2013, 09:19:26 PM
But this game is supposed to be canon so if they include a different type of engineer it will ruin the continuity. Also, since the game was in production before Prometheus and for all I know they didn't have any communication so they couldn't have known there was going to be Engineers that we see in Prometheus.

Yep, and if I'm not mistaken, they actually got to look at some concept art of the film.

+1

The Runner

The Runner

The Alien Franchise

Predaker

Predaker

They didn't talk to Ridley Scott during the production of Prometheus. The only meeting was between Brian Martel and Ridley Scott, well before Prometheus was even conceived. Gearbox wasn't working on A:CM yet. Brian Martel met with Ridley about making a Blade Runner game and eventually Ridley pulled out his old dusty storyboards from the original ALIEN. Randy Pitchford likes to joke that the meeting sparked Ridley Scott's interest to start making Prometheus.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Had enough of you Runner....

;D

Sykopathic

Sykopathic

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Jan 12, 2013, 09:32:12 PM
Had enough of you Runner....

http://s.elcomercio.pe/uploads/0/0/1/0/4/104064.jpg

;D

The Shredder was in Mortal Kombat? LMAO!

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

p1nk81cd

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Well f**k me then.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Prometheus ain't That bad.  :-\

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

I kind of want Gearbox to have a Predator mask or a chestbursted Engineer just lying around in some obscure area of the game that only the people who bother to explore will find, just to see the chaos that will erupt here. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed