Bosses

Started by Hybrid King, Jan 11, 2013, 08:05:26 PM

Author
Bosses (Read 8,541 times)

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Falk on Jan 15, 2013, 07:18:58 PM
Quote from: Mr. Runner on Jan 15, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

Stick four arms on her and she would be awesome.  8)

That would help.  The new Queen Mothers in Genocide had four. I'd even be happy if it had two arms like a normal adult Alien.

Get rid of the antennae, it looks silly.

Then make her a LOT bigger, more powerful, and now she would be a decent boss.

The queen ant antennae, or the facehugger tendrils shrouding her face- like Davy Jones?

Falk

Falk

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Jan 15, 2013, 07:26:05 PM

The queen ant antennae, or the facehugger tendrils shrouding her face- like Davy Jones?

The ant-ones got to go.

The ones on her chin that looked like longer facehugger fingers in the John Bolton painting I admit do look cool.

She would look congruent with the Alien species other than her lacking arms, and the stupid ant-antennea on her head.

Oh, and she should be HUGE, far larger than any Queen.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Falk on Jan 15, 2013, 07:43:17 PM

The ant-ones got to go.

The ones on her chin that looked like longer facehugger fingers in the John Bolton painting I admit do look cool.

She would look congruent with the Alien species other than her lacking arms, and the stupid ant-antennea on her head.

http://i50.tinypic.com/29bbok3.jpg

What idiot made the stupid mistake of cutting off her arms? She had arms in the novel---

*shivers* .....Terrible story.

The Runner

The Runner

Looks like an insect/xenomorph head attached to a mound of flesh.

Falk

Falk

Quote from: The Runner on Jan 15, 2013, 07:59:41 PM
Looks like an insect/xenomorph head attached to a mound of flesh.

Yeah, the things I did not like about the design already mentioned.

You add those things up with an odd angle and no clear view of the design, and that is what you get.

SM

SM

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Jan 15, 2013, 07:57:49 PM
Quote from: Falk on Jan 15, 2013, 07:43:17 PM

The ant-ones got to go.

http://i50.tinypic.com/29bbok3.jpg

What idiot made the stupid mistake of cutting off her arms? She had arms in the novel---

*shivers* .....Terrible story.

She does have arms.  They're just wussy little tentacle like things.  Which makes sense she all she does is mind control other Aliens to do her shit for her.  Doesn't make for a dangerous looking monster though.

Now the final boss from INfestation on the other hand....

;D

The Runner

The Runner

That final boss was a pain in the ass.

Crusher 2.0.

What was it supposed to be truly anyways?

SM

SM

The final Infestation boss was easiest.

No idea what it was supposed to be.  You're not supposed to ask questions like that.

Falk

Falk

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2013, 10:20:51 PM

She does have arms.  They're just wussy little tentacle like things.  Which makes sense she all she does is mind control other Aliens to do her shit for her.  Doesn't make for a dangerous looking monster though.

;D

Exactly my issue.

I wanted a supreme Godizlla size mother of them all sort of super-bitch, to empty all your ammo in order to bring the boss monster down - kind of monster.

Something so big and bad that takes more than a pulse rifle while wearing a tinfoil hat in order to take down.

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2013, 10:20:51 PM

Hell YES. That is exactly what I'm talking about now. That's how a supreme monster alien should look.

I don't care what it was, it looked COOL. I don't care how it exists or whatever, could just as well be an Alien Warrior whose host was a Japanese Kaiju. Whatever, that Boss was cool.

I'm not sure how to do it in a movie, it's not necessary as any part of the Alien hive that I can really think of, unless it's their version of a WMD. If they do it better be as scary as Cloverfield. I'm not sure if they could work this in well however.

Now in a VIDEO GAME, like Colonial Marines, its PERFECT.

Just have a better graphics version of the end boss from Infestation. Awesome end boss. The Infestation final Boss = everything a final f***ing boss is supposed to be:

Anabolic Steroid abuse? Check. Giant size? Check. Powerful? Check. Congruent with the general look of the Aliens? Check. Insane amount of hit-points and takes practically forever to kill? Check.

Get me a few bags of Doritos and let me get to work dodging that thing while I collect ammo to pump into it.

I hope there is something like that in Colonial Marines. Logic be damned, Kaiju Alien Final Boss for the win!

Also, According to Randy Pitchford, by the time we reach then end of the game we will realize the Queen is the least of our Problems.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/io4eam/gt-tv-aliens--colonial-marines---syndicate 07:42

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Falk on Jan 15, 2013, 10:58:30 PM
Also, According to Randy Pitchford, by the time we reach then end of the game we will realize the Queen is the least of our Problems.

Maybe the atmosphere processor is going to explode again?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: RaisingCane on Jan 16, 2013, 04:16:38 PM

Time paradox?

Falk

Falk

Quote from: RaisingCane on Jan 16, 2013, 04:16:38 PM

I'm thinking boss character, because that was the context that Pitchford was speaking about in the video when he said that.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Infestation's final boss looks like a Queen crossbred with Space Godzilla.:laugh: Cool though, but give us the Empress!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Needs more alien king.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: RaisingCane on Jan 16, 2013, 06:43:13 PM
Needs more alien king.
More alien king less canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed