AvP and AvP R, what did you think?

Started by Master Ravager, Jan 26, 2008, 04:47:10 AM

Author
AvP and AvP R, what did you think? (Read 1,015 times)

Master Ravager

Master Ravager

Very simple, just put comments/ suggestions/ arguments of two of the best Sci-fi movies ever. And then put a final rating for both (out of five).

Only thing I didn't understand, exactly why do so many people dislike AvP? I didn't see anything wrong, at least as much as they sounded like.

AvP:

Comments: The graphics were awesome, the fact that they used some props and such to create the gore and flesh along with some CG was amazing (because if all they use is CG, it looks almost instantly fake), the length of the movie was satisfactory, the dark and eerie scenes and the false climaxes that built the suspense was great, the ground shaking when the Celtic walked and ran was cool, along with the earthquake at the end, and the storyline was kinda neat.

Suggestions: They could have made the predators kill more aliens, but then again, they were "unblooded" and had no skill. The storyline was kind of odd, and the preds should have gone down to get their plasma cannons WAY before the humans did, but I guess there would have been no movie if they had. So i guess there wasn't any suggestions that i could find... but maybe someone else can ;) .

Arguments: The predators should have killed more aliens before they died, especially the Celtic predator, for he was bigger, and just as strong as the alien he faced, and besides, who ever heard of ONE alien killing TWO preds in the same area? (except for the game: AvP 2) i can't think of anything else to argue about.

AvP R:

Comments: The story was cool, the gore was fantastic, and Wolf kicking alien butt was astounding. Graphics were also awesome. The humor was great too.

Suggestions: I think they should have spent more time on the movie, sure the graphics and such were hot, but there were many things that made no sense, almost throughout the entire movie.   I think I will leave that for the arguments.

Arguments: In the beginning of the movie, only one pred leaves the body, yet in AvP, at least 4 preds left the body on the table hard to believe they didn't notice that. and after that predalien kills that one pred, only one comes to the rescue, where are the hundreds of others? there should have been at least 5 preds on that same area, seeing that there were dozens in AvP, and how HUGE the ship was in AvP, yet in number 2 it seems smaller to me, and a lot of the effects  (Mostly CG) seemed so fake to me, like the chestburster in the sewer, and the alien slime covering the bodies. And the last thing that really made me made was that snobby WEYLAND UTANI corporation actually captured the pred's technology, the preds were only doing their job. its like Concrete Jungle all over again....

other than that i rate them:
AvP: 4.5 out of 5
AvP R: 4.0 out of 5

i'm sure many disagree with me, but i greatly disliked the ending of AvP R, which put my rating down a bit. the movies were breathtaking otherwise.

Firetnk

Firetnk

I already posted a forum like this but oh well I am bored so I will say what I thought of each movie again.

AVP- was amazing to me once I left the theater I loved the movie at the time and ranked it 4th out of all the movies and still do. The effects were amazing, the 1st film where you get to see the whole Alien body with good effects. The action was great, I love the first fight with the predator and Alien I have watched that scene so many times. I for one actually liked the characters a lot there was no one I hated. I respect the fact that Anderson did the movie in Antarctica so that way there is no record of the Alien existence or at least proof. The music was awesome, I always thought Anderson chose good music well at least for Resident Evil and this film. The predator masks were very well done and the weapons as well. Also this film seemed more balance of who wins and loses. Both creatures fought equally as good to my eyes.

Complaints- I wish the film was set in space, either based off Steve Perry's book AVP PREY or the video game AVP2 through the Colonial Marines point of view.  I wanted more Predators. I wish an other character besides the mane character could live for once. The movie could have been longer. Wanted to see Scar to fight the Grid Alien. I want to know what happened to Lex?

AVPR- I was pissed when I left the theater this time. I will say all the good things about the movie I can think of, We get to see a glimpse of the Predator home world. Cameron's Aliens return. Old sound effects. Good music.

Complaints-The Movies is rushed through the whole film. The film is not set in space again.  All the characters suck. The acting sucked, and no characters never showed rally any emotion. For example Molly is just fine after her husbands death. Terrible story, it took  no skill of writing to create the story they had. It seemed as if they just played the game resident evil 3 and took that idea of  run shoot and escape before the military carpet bombs the place. The movie hurts the Alien Franchise a lot , no one was supposed to know what Aliens. what the hell is the news  going to say why Colorado  was blown up. How many people would call families and warn them that Aliens are taking over. What happen to the 4 remaining characters also the special forces soldier knew what happened. I hate the fact we have a character who looks and sound similar to Ripley and that there is a character similar to Newt. This movie was very cheesy, not in a good weigh either I mean Molly never reloaded her M4 once, while the others did. I do not believe some punk that probably has not shot a gun or often shoots would be running at full pace and hit the predator multiple times. While yes the other films are cheesy but this felt different.  The National guard scene pissed me off because they should have lived and be good characters like the Colonial Marines in Aliens, but instead the are killed very quickly The interview with the directors made it sound like this movie was going to have characters similar to the characters from Aliens and Alien but that was a big fat juicy lie. I want more then one predator in this film. This movie felt as tough it was a predator 3 do to so many countless Aliens dying by one predator. This movie mainly focused on gore and nothing else and beside the gore effects sucked anyways. In Aliens Drakes head did not melt off but yet in this film just a little blood form a facehugger will met your arm off. I wish that the pred Alien could not impregnate women. I wish the movie had a queen Alien. That's all can think of right now.

AVP- 9.3/10
AVPR- 6.5/10I

Many will disagree with me but this is my opinion 8)

Master Ravager

i knew i forgot something! yeah, i agree about the acid, i mean COME ON! a few drops melts an entire arm off? please

Firetnk

Firetnk

Quote from: Master Ravager on Jan 27, 2008, 05:58:52 AM
i knew i forgot something! yeah, i agree about the acid, i mean COME ON! a few drops melts an entire arm off? please

An other problem in AVPR is in the end of the movie, why would we not have plasma rifles similar to what the predator shoulder cannon shoots out? I mean we get better technology from that weapon so you would think we would have technology similar to predators. Also small mistake in the movie Molly was wearing a Marine uniform and she is in the Army. :P

By the way if you want people to actually post on this forum you should post it on AVPR section. People usually reply there. At least for me. ;D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

My opinion on the AVP movies

AVP

Pros:

* It was cool seeing Aliens and Predators figthing for the first time

* The Special effects where cool

Cons

* Bad Story

* Not enough action

* The movie focus to much on the human characters then the Aliens and Predators

* Borning and Pointless human cutscenes

* The movie was rushed

* The movie was not based on the comics or the video games

* Very little character development

* The team up of the Predator and Lex was a bad idea

5/10

AVPR

Pros:

* Tons of fun action

* Great Visual effects

* Good music

* Great character desgins (I like them and i don't care what you think of them)

* A AVP movie that focus on the Predator and Aliens for once

Cons:

* Bad Ending

* It too Dark

* Not that much character development

* Bad Lines like "People are dieing and we need guns!"

7/10

Private Hudson

AVP:

* Fairly good setting
* Ending
Dislikes:
* Acting
* Short stubby Preds
* Alien design
* Bad dialougue

4/10

AVP: R

* Predator
* Predalien
* Setting
* Story
* Pred Homeworld!!!

Dislikes:
* Ending
* Short fight at end between Chet and Wolf
* Cheesy lines

7.5/10

Celtic_pred

i liked both give me aliens and pred and im happy.
8/10 for avp  9/10 for avp-r

b-raz

b-raz

AVP was alright, I didnt like it for a few reasons though: It wasn't violent enough imo(however, the unrated versions a little better), the Preds werent portrayed right, they were like canon fodder dying waay too easy to a single Alien and all. I didnt like the way they looked as much either, they were way too bulky and looked like freakin football players or pro wrestlers. I didnt like all the armor either. I was leaning more towards the slimmer look, but still huge, with lighter armour like in the rest of the movies. And one thing, about the Aliens I didnt like: they didnt show any violence really(no blood) with them killing any humans, which sucked. 6/10

AVPR was great imo. The Predator was done right- whooped ass. Killed I think, a dozen Xenos if I recall. Looked good, nice new weapons and such. Storyline was lacking, but the action and gore definitely werent. Aliens slew tons of people, Predator slew tons of Aliens. Predator didnt get killed off too easily. Good for me. 8.5/10

Purebreedalien

AvP

Good Points

*Sacraficial Chamber scene
*Celtic Vs Grid
*Scar's death
*Closing credits

Bad Points
*The rest of it

AvP:R

Good Points
*Action
*Gore
*Anderson's Predator's deaths
*Fight Scenes
*End Fight
*Acting
*Aliens
*Predalien
*Pool Scene  ;D
*Characters
*Wolf's Design
*Alien/Predalien's Design

Bad Points
*Wolf's God-like ability's and strength
*Power Gauntlet

AvP: 1/5
AvP:R 4/5

War Wager

AvP

Pros

- Setting
- Alien Queen
- The cold, isolated atmosphere
- Score
- Fight scene

Cons

- Poor dialouge
- Lack of gore
- Silly looking Predators
- Too short

AvPR

Pros

- Gritty and realistic looking
- PredAlien's imposing presence
- Gore level
- Fight scenes

Cons

- Stupid dialouge
- Daft setting
- Fights seemed a little too short
- Too short
- Total Alien pawnage

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed