[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 03:26:28 PM

Author
[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film! (Read 23,839 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Perhaps.  But it can still be negated by what you see or didn't see in the movies.  When we had this war with maledoro way back in the day we had our guns loaded for bear with dozens of contradictory things the scripts used vs what was and wasn't seen on screen. 

This was like a 100 page debate, so I'm not going to go into the wayback machine and find them all but they exist.  There is contradictory stuff between the scripts and movies themselves, between the scripts and their sequel scripts, etc. 

One thing I can remember is something as simple as the jockey ship signal.  In the alien movie script Dallas (I think) turns off the signal.  In Aliens earthquakes destroy the signal.  So which is it?  Which out of universe explanation do you use?  The oldest, the more recent.  Do you use the alien explanation watching Alien and the Aliens one watching Aliens?

The simplest explanation is to go what is shown on screen instead of all that background bs that changes between directors word of mouth, what we see in newer movies etc. 

Kane's other son

It's all make-believe. The only thing that matters is coming up with good drama and a narratively satisfying explanation that doesn't punch plot holes all over the other films (e.g. why the Narcissus was never retrieved or why W-Y didn't go back to LV-426 right after the first movie).

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Kimarhi

Don't try to be the voice of reason in our fictional universe. 

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kane's other son on Apr 02, 2024, 02:02:18 PMThe only thing that matters is coming up with good drama

I'll settle at that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed