[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 142,162 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 02:40:20 AMWhere's @Omegamorph  with his snake gallery when you need it.

Oh yes I saw those pictures. A top tier post from @Omegamorph without a doubt. Biology and reptiles seems to be one of his specialties, not to mention that he has a Ph.D. in monsters. 8)

Also, I think we need to make a taxonomic group or something for the Predator with all the creatures we have so far.

happypred

the special ed interpretation makes sense

Spoiler
if we give him the benefit of the doubt, he should understand that even if his mask is pointing way off, the projectile guidance only takes over at a certain distance from the weapon muzzle, so you can still maybe pull off a short-range shot by pointing the weapon at the target and firing, the guidance would of course mess up long-range shots.

but did make him look very careless, or maybe he is the Pred equivalent of a "special" individual
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: happypred on Aug 06, 2022, 02:59:14 AMthe special ed interpretation makes sense

Spoiler
if we give him the benefit of the doubt, he should understand that even if his mask is pointing way off, the projectile guidance only takes over at a certain distance from the weapon muzzle, so you can still maybe pull off a short-range shot by pointing the weapon at the target and firing, the guidance would of course mess up long-range shots.

but did make him look very careless, or maybe he is the Pred equivalent of a "special" individual
[close]

Spoiler
It gets established earlier that the "special features" activate/deactivate in proximity to the mask, so presumably his thinking was that since the mask is gone, it'll just fire straight.
[close]

El Diablo

I met Alec at the PREY premiere on Tuesday. He did mention that he and Tom were amicably splitting up, with Tom doing his own thing on the East Coast. I wish them both well, they have done some terrific work over the years.

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 06, 2022, 03:22:41 AM
Spoiler
It gets established earlier that the "special features" activate/deactivate in proximity to the mask, so presumably his thinking was that since the mask is gone, it'll just fire straight.
[close]
Spoiler
When? The only time we see him shooting without the mask it misses. When does it establish that it's  proximity?
[close]

[cancerblack]

Spoiler
The spear/club behaving unexpectedly in proximity to him. It's not conveyed super clearly but it's the same type of detail that comes up again the film uses a lot of, which imo kind of expect one to infer something significant from very limited information, rather than outright demonstrating it - which is a questionable choice in a movie that's paced the way it is.
[close]

CANNON

I have to say..

I would of taken this movie for what it is. I truly would have. The movie did a great job establishing itself as a good predator movie.

But... why do they need to do Stan Winston a disservice and disrespect him by changing his design.

I mean what the hell, honestly, why did they need to change the face!?... it takes all validity away.

It's unfortunate I'll never see another predator movie with predator in it.

SiL

Spoiler
I didn't think that was a special feature activating so much as the Predator remotely controlling it.

It's too vague if that's what they were actually going for - and it's not at all clear that's because of the mask specifically.
[close]

CANNON

I think the main concern should be with the design of Ferel's face..

why do they need to do Stan Winston a disservice and disrespect him by changing his design.

why did they need to change the face!?... it takes all validity away. The design change was to extreme to brush off.

It's unfortunate I'll never see another predator movie with predator in it.

razeak

He looked like Cher was about to give him a hug and say her goodbyes.

Good movie though.

Local Trouble

Is this what Predators looked like before they started injecting themselves with our autism?

SiL

There's an awful joke in there somewhere about chromosomes but I'm not touching it.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 04:04:17 AM
Spoiler
I didn't think that was a special feature activating so much as the Predator remotely controlling it.

It's too vague if that's what they were actually going for - and it's not at all clear that's because of the mask specifically.
[close]

Yeah, it's extremely vague, and maybe it's just me, but I really got the feeling that was the assumption the film wanted me to make when the later stuff happened.

happypred

Whatever the case, the optics are that

Spoiler
Feral comes off reckless if not stupid
[close]

SiL

Quote from: happypred on Aug 06, 2022, 05:28:15 AMWhatever the case, the optics are that

Spoiler
Feral comes off reckless if not stupid
[close]
Absolutely, and I think I've found a happy explanation for myself in the User Reviews thread.

Spoiler
It's not his first hunt on earth, it's his first hunt - period.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed