General Film Thread

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 14, 2023, 05:35:13 PM

Author
General Film Thread (Read 3,909 times)

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

It was good to see an appearance by the great Al Pacino to announce the night's Best Movie award....except he royally screwed up by not announcing all the contenders, and just opened the envelope to say who won!

I bet some of the losers that were up for the big prize were peeved that they didn't actually get mentioned at that point.  And it gave the proceedings a rushed feel to the climax of the awards, robbing the moment of some extra anticipation.

You had one job Al. :laugh:

At least no-one got slapped this year.

UPDATE - Apologies to my man Al, as it seems this was actually down to the show's producers -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68542562

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I don't trust nuns, well except those at Nonnatus House (Call The Midwife) and The Flying Nun (Sally Field).

Immortan Jonesy

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The way Jaws was meant to be watched:

Gazz

Gazz

Just in time for... Easter, we're back with our review of Tim Allen's The Santa Clause, a film that's about as festive as a swift kick to the groin. Hope you all enjoy!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

30 years strong. Glad Zaslav's bullshit last year didn't see the end to TCM. Would be pretty lost without it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Two of the main characters from Mike Flanagan's miniseries Midnight Mass (2021) were first mentioned in his slasher film Hush (2016), where the main character Maddie is a writer of horror novels, whose most recent book is 'Midnight Mass'.

Good and recent example of story within a story ;D;

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed