Alien Faces too long and mouths too big

Started by warneford87, Sep 27, 2007, 08:59:04 PM

Author
Alien Faces too long and mouths too big (Read 5,787 times)

warneford87

Why o why do they keep using the rubbish alien design from Alien Resurrection (even if it has a ridged head this time)? One look at the poster and you can see the alien looks all wrong, like it has an elongated snout and it's mouth is all baggy.
Will these people ever learn?

csutkakoma

Quote from: warneford87 on Sep 27, 2007, 08:59:04 PM
Why o why do they keep using the rubbish alien design from Alien Resurrection (even if it has a ridged head this time)? One look at the poster and you can see the alien looks all wrong, like it has an elongated snout and it's mouth is all baggy.

In the trailer the alien looks fine to me! This is my favorite alien design.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: csutkakoma on Sep 27, 2007, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: warneford87 on Sep 27, 2007, 08:59:04 PM

This is my favorite alien design.
Mine too.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

You both have diabolical taste.  The end.  I don't know why people get such a boner over the ridged heads, especially since the new ones are actually quite different. I swear Greg and Colin could take a shit, sculpt ridges onto it and some people would claim it's the best design since Cameron's.

Why do they keep using the A:R design?  Simple.  Saves them $$$.

dale07

i think the alien looks fine

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 27, 2007, 09:37:36 PM
You both have diabolical taste.  The end.  I don't know why people get such a boner over the ridged heads, especially since the new ones are actually quite different. I swear Greg and Colin could take a shit, sculpt ridges onto it and some people would claim it's the best design since Cameron's.

Why do they keep using the A:R design?  Simple.  Saves them $$$.
Or the filmmakers just like them, just like i do.

SiL

No, it was for the money. Otherwise we'd have totally Aliens-style Aliens and you'd be all like 'oh noes it doesn't look like an animal'.

csutkakoma

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 27, 2007, 09:37:36 PM
You both have diabolical taste. 

I don't think so! I like it you don't. That's simple. Respect each other opinion!

Demonio Cazador

Well, ADI has created the Aliens since A3 and A:R so I'm guessing that on A:R they had the liberty to tweak the creature, so it's like their own trademark instead of doing Giger's one...I don't personally like it that much either, but I think they still look cool...

Pvt. Hicks

Figures the predator fanboys like the design. With that said, here's how I'd rank the designs:

Alien, Aliens=Best
Alien 3, AvP:R=Good
A:R, AvP=Horrible(Although they did have a good excuse for them being more fleshy in A:R)

Snowfox

I personally liked the ones in A.v.P. more than the ridgeheads from Aliens and this.

If it has a smooth head, anorexia, black biomech skin, and stays in the damn shadows it's all good by me.

Gonzossm

They probally wanted to use that design because on predator 2 u can see the how the skull was and they probally wanted to base it off of that and I they did a damn good job

Lee Yutani

I think the aliens look fine in the trailer but is it just me or does the one on the poster have the most spherical, waterbaby forehead ever? :o

csutkakoma

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Sep 27, 2007, 10:36:35 PM
Figures the predator fanboys like the design. With that said, here's how I'd rank the designs:

Alien, Aliens=Best
Alien 3, AvP:R=Good
A:R, AvP=Horrible(Although they did have a good excuse for them being more fleshy in A:R)

We don't have to be a pred fanboy for that!

Highland

The most important part - the head - is off, its the shape or something, its not sleek enough for me, looks too bulky or out of place.

Also the mouth has some weird sh*t going on.

Dislike is a strong word, but i dont get a semi over them or anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed