Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023!

Started by Predalien39, Dec 19, 2022, 05:17:20 PM

Author
Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023! (Read 41,368 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 06, 2023, 07:50:36 AMAll of that aside, these clowns are fronting as if a bunch of early-20-somethings running afoul of a spooky monster isn't both tried and true, and a proud tradition, in the horror genre.

"Oh no, Alien is going back to its horror roots! That sucks! 0/10"

In the broad horror genre perhaps but isn't the original Alien more traditionally about a bunch of boomers running afoul of a spooky monster?  :P

Quote from: skhellter on Jul 03, 2023, 11:07:52 PMaliens is gonna be a cheesy KIDS movie!11111

that's what nerds would be writing after hearing news of that casting.
freaking out over every single detail, knowing everything about the plot months in advance.

A POWER LOADER????
ALIEN ISN'T AN ACTION MOVIE WHAT ARE THEY dOING OVER THERE

CHEESY HOLLYWOOD CRAP!!!

etc.

To be fair, if I'd known about Burke's vest beforehand, I would probably have boycotted the film.

Eal

My contention is that if Aliens were released today, there would be youtube review after youtube review talking about how bad Burke's character motivation is and how dumb of a series of decisions he needs to make for the plot to happen.

Were contemporary reviews like that? I'm sure there had to be a few that mentioned Paul Reiser's character. I know, I'm a bad fan and should have already researched this.

SiL

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 07, 2023, 01:46:19 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 06, 2023, 07:50:36 AMAll of that aside, these clowns are fronting as if a bunch of early-20-somethings running afoul of a spooky monster isn't both tried and true, and a proud tradition, in the horror genre.

"Oh no, Alien is going back to its horror roots! That sucks! 0/10"

In the broad horror genre perhaps but isn't the original Alien more traditionally about a bunch of boomers running afoul of a spooky monster?  :P

Alien predates the rise of 20-somethings falling afoul of something  spooky as a horror trope.

Not by much - the earliest slashers were mid to late 70s, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was an inspiration for Scott, Halloween came out during filming and F13 was only a year or two away before it made young people getting slaughtered the defining characteristic of horror for the next 10-20 years or so - but it's never been something that impacted the series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed