NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 93,684 times)

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 18, 2018, 02:58:55 AM
Good.

Those designs shouldn't be spread.

Predators hounds or none at all.

Although I don't mind the design for 'The Predator' dogs, and appreciate that Predators likely have more than one 'dog' spieces to have as pets.  I do wish that the 'Predators' hound design was revisited here. Maybe one of each design in the movie.

Would also have been a cool way to acknowledge Predators

The Old One

The Old One

I hate "The Predator" dogs so much, so I can't empathize.

Russ840

Russ840

So would you not have liked to see the PS hounds in there then ?

The Old One

The Old One

No, I was saying that I can't tolerate "The Predator" hound design whatsoever.

"Predators" version is far superior, and I'd rather have that alone or nothing at all.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If they made 'The Predator' dogs, no one would force you to buy them.

The Old One

The Old One

No, but it would irritate me that they exist. Dreadlocks ugh.

Entirely banal.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 18, 2018, 02:14:52 PM
No, I was saying that I can't tolerate "The Predator" hound design whatsoever.

"Predators" version is far superior, and I'd rather have that alone or nothing at all.

Understood. I saw it as a missed opportunity, not have the PS hounds in The Predator. I was actually gutted.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 18, 2018, 02:34:02 PM
No, but it would irritate me that they exist. Dreadlocks ugh.

Entirely banal.
At first the dreadlocks thing felt weird, but the more I thought about it, the more okay I was with it. Maybe it's an evolutionary survival trait shared by some species on Predator world, like how a lot of disparate Earth species share similar evolutionary traits?

The Old One

The Old One

I find that implausible for a number of reasons, which I detailed in the Magazine's thread I think in a discussion with SIL.

Scientifically I don't like it and from a design perspective I like it even less.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 18, 2018, 05:10:04 PM
I find that implausible for a number of reasons, which I detailed in the Magazine's thread I think in a discussion with SIL.

Scientifically I don't like it and from a design perspective I like it even less.
Do you have a link to that thread?

The Old One

The Old One

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60429.15

& I still standby my statements, tbh.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 18, 2018, 06:36:34 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60429.15

& I still standby my statements, tbh.
I get why you don't like it and I can respect that, but your science argument seems to revolve around the dreadlocks being "only" hair, and the're not. They're tube-things that grow out of sockets in the skull, and they bleed when cut.

The Old One

The Old One

& As I pointed out in my argument, that's never seen on film, just like their ears in the first two films.

It's also a bad stylistic choice to hot-glue it onto other creatures.

In addition actually I said it would be a filament of some sort, which hair, feathers, quils and horns all are-
& horns have sockets quite often.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

We see the sockets in the skull in 'Predators', and the EU has been very clear on the matter for decades.

As before you say "I don't care about the EU", take note that you're posting in the EU subforum. :P

SiL

SiL

And still the argument only works if you start by assuming The Old One is right and working backwards. Horns and keratin structures don't have sockets.

Pretty sure they talk about the dreads being sensory organs in the film when they see the dogs. That, or it's someone talking very loudly in the theatre.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed