It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 96,140 times)

T Dog

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: T Dog on Feb 23, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

The trailer - soooooooo many spoilers and it just looked like Prometheus again aesthetically.

Prologue - super choppy editing. Didn't dig the dialogue. Seemed like actual movie scenes interspersed with improv. Dont like that Danny McBrides first impression was him doing his usual thing (which i love, but not in Alien). The ship looked awesome at the start though.

Character deaths are not spoiler, not in ALIEN movie!!! You should have learned that after 4 alien movies ;) :D
So, deaths are not spoilers, I mean that seriously. They didn not reveal a single spoiler in trailer!!!

Regarding the Prologue, everyone has the right to personal opinions, but I total disagree with you.
Of course deaths are spoilers. Obviously ppl will die. But showing in the trailer when they die is a spoiler. Like it shows who is backbursting (although cant tell which actor it was haha). Also showed Crudup being facehugged! WHY DID I NEED TO KNOW THAT???? I didnt, its that simple

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. Yeah, it's a granted many will die but showing how they die are most certainly spoilers.

neomorpheus

So... here's a theory based on the clip and Jesus reference for Franco and that he's in the centre of the promo photo. James Franco knows one of them will betray the crew. But how would he know this? Is he any relation to any of the Prometheus expedition? Is he signed up at such a young age to find out what happened? Is he feeling unwell because he KNOWS what's waiting for them? Is he there, undercover (literally in that scene!) to find out what happened to the Prometheus crew and to sacrifice himself for humanity? HMMMMMMM!

Enoch

Core of the storyline is spoiler for me personally.
At least we dont know who ll survive :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: liamatkin on Feb 23, 2017, 10:28:05 AM
hey, are you guys going to do a podcast on this video? would love to hear you guys discuss it? cheers

I should think so! Gotta get something scheduled in.

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 11:56:19 AM
Core of the story line is spoiler for me personally.
At least we dont know who ll survive :laugh:

It's the details that are spoilers.

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2017, 11:56:45 AM

Or the whole movie in this case ;D :D
But I blame my impatience only... Maye the leaks
are not fully correct, we dont know what is altered after
reshoots.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2017, 11:56:45 AM

Or the whole movie in this case ;D :D
But I blame my impatience only... Maye the leaks
are not fully correct, we dont know what is altered after
reshoots.
And how many times have i said this. ;) :laugh:

Infected

Quote from: neomorpheus on Feb 23, 2017, 11:54:44 AM
So... here's a theory based on the clip and Jesus reference for Franco and that he's in the centre of the promo photo. James Franco knows one of them will betray the crew. But how would he know this? Is he any relation to any of the Prometheus expedition? Is he signed up at such a young age to find out what happened? Is he feeling unwell because he KNOWS what's waiting for them? Is he there, undercover (literally in that scene!) to find out what happened to the Prometheus crew and to sacrifice himself for humanity? HMMMMMMM!
Not sure where you get this idea that the characters are aware of the last supper reference made by the director,
that would mean they or Franco is breaking the fourth wall, and he aint no Deadpool.
So or i am missing something or you are getting it wrong, the last supper is a reference to a bibicle thing, its portraited like this in the movie/prolog.

whiterabbit

We don't actually know if the captain is face hugged... the hugger might actually miss or hell maybe Walter captures the thing with his lightning fast reflexes and then it is the Judas guy that betrays Captain Jesus by letting the hugger loose on the ship.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2017, 11:54:07 AM
Indeed. Yeah, it's a granted many will die but showing how they die are most certainly spoilers.
Theres a fan edit of the trailer out there where theyve removed all the spoils and the trailer plays much more powerfully.

The franchise is between a rock and a hard place. Everybody knows its the last hurrah. Fox know they gotta push the Alienness.....they just went about it poorly and unsubtley in that first trailer. Honestly it played like one of those week before release trailers they do before a horror movie comes out and they havent a f**k left to give. It was so far away from being a teaser trailer. Anyway my hype is low so i can only be pleasantly surprised......hopefully.

Hemi

Very nice. This movie is going to be fun!  :)

Enoch

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 23, 2017, 12:00:49 PM
We don't actually know if the captain is face hugged... the hugger might actually miss or hell maybe Walter captures the thing with his lightning fast reflexes and then it is the Judas guy that betrays Captain Jesus by letting the hugger loose on the ship.

Indeed. It may be like that.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 23, 2017, 12:00:49 PM

Actually wrong on both counts.

Spoiler
He does get facehugged, but not impregnated as the others attempt to remove it and that's how he dies.
[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2017, 11:54:07 AMIndeed. Yeah, it's a granted many will die but showing how they die are most certainly spoilers.

To be fair though, we can't tell who's backbursting, and I didn't even know it was Cruddup being hugged until someone on here over-analysed it and spoiled it for me :P

neomorpheus

Quote from: Infected on Feb 23, 2017, 12:00:31 PM
Quote from: neomorpheus on Feb 23, 2017, 11:54:44 AM
Not sure where you get this idea that the characters are aware of the last supper reference made by the director,
that would mean they or Franco is breaking the fourth wall, and he aint no Deadpool.
So or i am missing something or you are getting it wrong, the last supper is a reference to a bibicle thing, its portraited like this in the movie/prolog.

Huh? Where did I say anything about the characters knowing about the director's last supper references??? That would be insane in any movie that isn't Deadpool. I'm saying that the clip is dropping hints to the audience. Very big ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed