The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 190,160 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Some of the stories were kind of WTF, but most were pretty good. There was one that was so tangentially related to both Lovecraft and Holmes that the whole thing was just baffling.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Did the characters just bump into Watson shouting something about Nyarlathotep on a street corner? :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 07, 2014, 06:08:07 AM
Did the characters just bump into Watson shouting something about Nyarlathotep on a street corner? :laugh:

Nah, the story is told in a letter to Watson... that he never got around to opening. :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Honestly, that really interests me. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jut checked the book, it's called "The Drowned Geologist." And not only did Watson not read it... it never got mailed in the first place. :laugh:

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

For my final project in film school this semester, I made a loose adaptation of The Whisperer In Darkness. Shot most of it on Thanksgiving without a crew. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-vGxx8Lz9c&list=UU2bUHJvJVt5P-MnXQ8hvB8g

Topazora

Topazora

that was really good Alienseseses, though I had to turn the volume up really high on my computer, but I really liked the story.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Thanks, glad you liked it!

It's weird, the volume on my computer when I open the file in VLC is much higher than it is on youtube.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's probably just YouTube being stupid.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Probably.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Just got a chance to watch it. i t was very good. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 03, 2014, 04:12:19 AM
For my final project in film school this semester, I made a loose adaptation of The Whisperer In Darkness. Shot most of it on Thanksgiving without a crew. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-vGxx8Lz9c&list=UU2bUHJvJVt5P-MnXQ8hvB8g

Putting into my Watch Later list :)

Topazora

Topazora

yeah, I had problems with youtube before, so its probably youtube.  Anyway, two thumbs up, I hope your class really likes it.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Thanks!
It went over well in class. There was some glitching, because it was such a large file. A glitch ate that last shot, so my class didn't get to see the pay-off. When I went down for Q+A, I told them I wanted to scroll back just a bit to show that last part again. It didn't glitch this time and the audience jumped. It was great.

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

sounds good i might check out i have been looking for good horror books.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed