Dan T Talks Prey 2

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Aug 09, 2023, 06:34:05 PM

Author
Dan T Talks Prey 2 (Read 11,396 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2023, 01:19:25 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2023, 05:13:01 PM"Prey 2" is listed in this week's Production Weekly:

https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1369-thursday-september-28-2023-155-listings-33-pages/

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2023, 08:55:08 PMTrying to find out what details its got.

Just says it's in development. But it's possible this is the gossipy kind of aspect of Production Weekly coming into it, taking Dan's recent comments into account so I wouldn't get too excited or do a news post on this one.

I've seen some shakier sources (like World of Reel) reporting with Hulu's name attached, though I'm not sure how much I believe that. Romulus going theatrical gives me hope that if/when Prey gets a follow-up, that'll be theatrical as well.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

We pretty much knew something was in development for a while now. with the writers strike over though they can get back into working on it.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2023, 01:19:25 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2023, 05:13:01 PM"Prey 2" is listed in this week's Production Weekly:

https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1369-thursday-september-28-2023-155-listings-33-pages/

Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep my expectations in check!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2023, 08:55:08 PMTrying to find out what details its got.

Just says it's in development. But it's possible this is the gossipy kind of aspect of Production Weekly coming into it, taking Dan's recent comments into account so I wouldn't get too excited or do a news post on this one.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Isn't there another movie out the previous year as Prey called Prey? Could be the sequel to that. Even Arnold's new movie announcement comes off the heals of another movie just released with the same ass name and has pretty much the same premise. Some weird shit going on right now.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Preys

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 30, 2023, 02:00:06 PMPreys
Can't wait for Prey: Covenant

skhellter

skhellter

My hot take on Prey2: Prey$ Electric Boogaloo... is that they should go back to using the Predator name.
(because Naru has more than earned it).

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Cougerboy on Sep 28, 2023, 02:54:40 PMDon't get me wrong, I love Arnie and Glover in their classic Predator roles. But here's the thing:

What kind of actual roles do you guys envision for Arnie and Glover? Both actors are now well into the elderly age category. So them going mano-a-mano with the Predator again is going to stretch credibility to the breaking point. I mean two old geezers reprising the sort of physical no-holds-barred style of fight we saw in Pred and Pred 2 is asking a lot of the audience, even for Hollywood.  So what kind of roles will work now that both of them have since long past their prime?

Easy, at least for Arnold, give him the Predator Hunter role we seen in Predator Hunting Grounds. It's already connected to all the films if you heard the lore tapes. He's been augmented with Predator white blood cells that rejuvenated him back to his youthful prime and his cells stopped aging. Seeing Terminator Dark Fate and the recent Expandables already have a mix of real time and CGI fighting choregraped scenes for Arnold so I can see the Predator Hunter role be filled quite easily.

For Glover, even if he doesn't have the DNA enhancements, he can not only be the mentor figure but also the wiser and stealthier = deadlier role. Don't need to go upfront 1v1 but rather just pure cunning and deception to hunt a Predator. If his recent reappearance in the short story Drug War is anything to go about, he can still chase down a Predator recently as 2022, so he isn't finished yet.   

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 02, 2023, 04:58:20 AM
Quote from: Cougerboy on Sep 28, 2023, 02:54:40 PMDon't get me wrong, I love Arnie and Glover in their classic Predator roles. But here's the thing:

What kind of actual roles do you guys envision for Arnie and Glover? Both actors are now well into the elderly age category. So them going mano-a-mano with the Predator again is going to stretch credibility to the breaking point. I mean two old geezers reprising the sort of physical no-holds-barred style of fight we saw in Pred and Pred 2 is asking a lot of the audience, even for Hollywood.  So what kind of roles will work now that both of them have since long past their prime?

Easy, at least for Arnold, give him the Predator Hunter role we seen in Predator Hunting Grounds. It's already connected to all the films if you heard the lore tapes. He's been augmented with Predator white blood cells that rejuvenated him back to his youthful prime and his cells stopped aging. Seeing Terminator Dark Fate and the recent Expandables already have a mix of real time and CGI fighting choregraped scenes for Arnold so I can see the Predator Hunter role be filled quite easily.

For Glover, even if he doesn't have the DNA enhancements, he can not only be the mentor figure but also the wiser and stealthier = deadlier role. Don't need to go upfront 1v1 but rather just pure cunning and deception to hunt a Predator. If his recent reappearance in the short story Drug War is anything to go about, he can still chase down a Predator recently as 2022, so he isn't finished yet.   

Maybe...I don't know...it depends on execution. What works in the novels/comics/games may not work on film if the execution isn't done well.

thomasmariel33

thomasmariel33

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Aug 10, 2023, 11:57:45 PMWhether a direct follow up to Prey continuing with Naru or further elaborating on a backstory to the Predator lost tribe of Predator 2 or a new Predator story set in another point of history would be fascinating to explore.

A connection, to modernity seems the politics of correct. Prey 2 should connect to modernity, if only tangentially, because of the real life context of presumption, i.e. how the world is changing, and being overrun by terrorist elements.

However: Naru is too oblivious, depicted as too oblivious to the mythology of Predator that it feels right to somehow re-introduce her in the story, such as a modernity nod, i.e. characters in the modern world or modern story format acknowledge her own events

Xenomrph

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

f**k yes. I really hope it's based on the comic

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 07, 2023, 04:27:38 PMhttps://www.small-screen.co.uk/prey-sequel-plot-details-world-war-2/

If true, I really dig the concept/setting. Always down for some WWII-set sci-fi/horror stuff (and definitely wouldn't object to seeing a Predator tearing through some Nazis).

Though, if it is true, it does feel like a bit of an odd choice to make Naru's descendant Navajo.

EDIT: A little bit of digging tells me that some Comanche were used as code talkers during WWII as well, so maybe the guy that got the scoop just assumed Navajo since they were the most prominent ones.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Dec 07, 2023, 04:41:11 PMf**k yes. I really hope it's based on the comic
Which one? The only WWII Predator comic I can think of is the one where the Predator murders Nazis in Argentina or something.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteIn December 1940 the army recruited the following seventeen Comanches to become code talkers: Charles Chibitty, Haddon Codynah, Robert Holder, Forrest Kassanavoid, Wellington Mihecoby, Perry Noyabad, Clifford Otitivo, Simmons Parker, Melvin Permansu, Elgin Red Elk, Roderick Red Elk, Albert Nahquaddy Jr., Larry Saupitty, Morris Tabbyetchy (Sunrise), Anthony Tabbytite, Ralph Wahnee, and Willie Yacheschi. Assigned to the Fourth Infantry Division's Fourth Signal Company at Fort Benning, Georgia, they received phone, radio, Morse code, and semaphore training.

In August 1941 they were placed under Lt. Hugh F. Foster to develop an unbreakable Comanche-language code. Foster provided approximately 250 specialized military terms for which the Comanches developed coded equivalents. Combined with standard Comanche, coded terms such as tutsahkuna' tawo'i' (sewing-machine gun [machine guns]), wakaree'e (turtle [tanks]) and Po'sa taiboo' (Crazy White Man [Hitler]) were developed. By October 30, 1941, the Comanche had completed their training and conducted field exercises in Louisiana soon thereafter.

Thirteen Comanche Code Talkers landed at Utah Beach during the Normandy invasion in France. Maintaining wire telephone lines and sending secure messages via field telephone and radio, they served in France, Luxembourg, Belgium, and Germany. Their service included important battles at Cherbourg, St. Lo, Paris, the Siegfried Line, the Huertgen Forest, and Bastogne. Although several were wounded in action, none were killed. The Comanche code was never broken.

https://www.okhistory.org/publications/enc/entry.php?entry=CO013

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed