Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 962,071 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 02, 2014, 12:27:12 PM
Well, yes, no one denies the Regenerators. They made me took a pause of 3 months before I was able to finish the game lol, when I played for first time. But besides that point, the game is not scary at all.

In DS you just memorize the possible spawn locations which you shoot when you see - every air shaft on the walls, every "dead" enemy, stuff like that.

I never found the regenerators or Iron Maidens scary because they always put you so far away from them they are easy to kill. 

Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 02, 2014, 01:41:38 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 02, 2014, 04:04:45 AM
If you got the game when it came out nobody knew that they put godmode on the plasma cutter until a couple of weeks after the game was released. 

Dude no f**king way I figured that shit out within the first two levels. Never used another gun until second playthrough and even then it was just for kicks.

You found out that you could level a weapon that takes almost the whole game to level in the first two levels had elemental damage to it for its final upgrade?

Good work. 

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I found that Horizontal + Legs = Death. Upgrades just made it even easier. Also saved inventory space since I only needed one ammo type.

So you can be pissy about it if you want, don't change the fact that it's the only gun you ever need.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I never even tried another weapon on the hardest difficulty.  :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 02, 2014, 09:48:58 PM
I found that Horizontal + Legs = Death. Upgrades just made it even easier. Also saved inventory space since I only needed one ammo type.

So you can be pissy about it if you want, don't change the fact that it's the only gun you ever need.

chill out guy

I was taking what you were saying the wrong way.  You are talking tactically, I was thinking you were trying to say you upgraded it the entire way in the first two levels to find out its the one with the elemental upgrade (and is indeed made to be the signature weapon in the franchise).

I used the PR because it ended up being precision.  It didn't have the damage, but had such a high rate of fire it didn't matter anyways. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I think I'm going to grab Resident Evil 3 and the Parasite Eve games off PSN when I get another PSN card. I'm also reading the novel for the latter two right now, so they should be interesting to play.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Parasite Eve is different. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 02, 2014, 10:33:10 PM
Parasite Eve is different.

Different from what?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its like half JRPG and half survival horror. 

The JRPG elements actually kept it from being as scary as it could have been imo. 

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 02, 2014, 10:28:52 PM

chill out guy

I was taking what you were saying the wrong way.  You are talking tactically, I was thinking you were trying to say you upgraded it the entire way in the first two levels to find out its the one with the elemental upgrade (and is indeed made to be the signature weapon in the franchise).

Of course I couldn't have done that. I'd have had to hack the game or something.  :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 02, 2014, 11:01:22 PM
Its like half JRPG and half survival horror. 

The JRPG elements actually kept it from being as scary as it could have been imo.

JRPG? Oh lawd, I'm expecting some cheese.  :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

There are some elements that are pretty creepy, but then there are some elements that are pure FF. 

Its like a mishmash of videogame genres.  Kind of like a videogame version of the movie The Host. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh I don't know. That line gun was suuuuuuuuuuuuuper handy when I was being swarmed.

tavianini19

tavianini19

I've played through 3 more times than the others. It can be really stressful if you do survival mode on the hardest difficulty.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Super Smash Bros. 3DS

So good.

Bulletstorm

Any game that let's me grab a guy, shoot his head and balls off, kick him away, and shoot his dead body into a cactus to impale them is A-okay in my book.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Silent Hill: Downpour

Not sure how I feel about this game. It's good good environments and good atmosphere, but the enemies really aren't that interesting..just..people. And a big pale bat man. Also the red void in the Otherworld has yet to make any logical sense to me. It's not scary just annoying. Doesn't help that R1 is the run button which is uncomfortable as hell.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Cleared second mansion, workin' on third.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed