Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah I remember that part.

Cal427eb

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 03, 2014, 11:29:04 PM
Spoiler
I think the worst thing about The Illusive Man's change in character was that it was completely undeserved and made no sense for him to actually be an indoctrinated sleeper agent. The line between him being out for humanity's best interests and his own selfish aspirations in ME2 was great and it was never explicitly any way. I think that in Mass Effect 3, they just decided he would be a villain no matter what and knew that him trying to impede Shepard at a time of galactic warfare (in which everything in the galaxy is literally brought to its knees by an outside force) would make even less sense unless he was *gasp* indoctrinated as well! I mean, he has those eyes, right?! Come the f**k on.

I never actually voiced my frustration with that before, but yeah, there it is. He was one of my favorite characters, and the mess that was made of him didn't really sink in for me until a while after the game had been released. Cerberus were fun to fight, but damn, it was just nonsensical otherwise.
[close]

Yep.

Everything to do with Cerberus post-ME2 was utter shite. Went from a small in-the-shadows organization that exerted influence through manipulation and intrigue, to this massive force that was suddenly able to invade and occupy entire planets through sheer, brute attack.

ugh

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

But they didn't really that I can remember.  At least not early on.  They were sending strike teams out against small targets.  Only when they could mass produce foot soldiers did they attack any large targets en masse and that was only the Citadel that I can remember. 

I thought the indoctrination made sense because indoctrinated antagonist typically don't believe they are being controlled and the Illusive Man didn't believe he was being controlled and his belief that he was still carrying out his own plans (and at times it appeared Cerberus was) just made it that much easier for da reaperz.

ME3 can be forgiven of most ills because it introduced the best peripheral character in the series in Javik. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

IN THE FORM OF PAID-FOR DLC.

f**k that game, f**k what it did to the story and characters, and f**k EA.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 04, 2014, 12:52:56 AM
IN THE FORM OF PAID-FOR DLC.

f**k that game, f**k what it did to the story and characters, and f**k EA.

I got collectors edition ME3 so Javik was in dere already. 

They did the same thing with Katsumi and Zaeed in the second game.  (even though I got both of them as well because............collectors edition). 

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Everybody got Zaeed because he came free with the Cerberus pass which came with every version of the game, Kasumi was paid DLC.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I got both for free but I bought whatever version of the game was way after it was released.  I almost missed out on the craze because I didn't play the first when it came out and didn't play the second until about a year after it was released. 

I played second, third and first.  Also how I watched the Alien franchise.

Didn't pay them the right way until about a year after the third was released. 

Javik's code for PSN came with whatever version of the game I got. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Kasumi was okay as a DLC character seeing as she wasn't integral to the overarching story and mythology of the entire goddamn game. She was an added extra, a bit of fun, a new squadmate with some cool abilities. Javik was an important f**king character.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Kasumi was hilarious and thus I can't play the game without her being on board as early as possible.  She also has the best loyalty mission in the second game. 

But Javik is definitely less filler I would agree. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I don't recall getting any DLC that wasn't free.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed