Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,564 times)

First Blood

First Blood

MaineXeno

MaineXeno

Gotta love when people bring up Lovecraft but are actually ignorant of his history. Yes Lovecraft was a racist but to be honest his most racist stories that I've read weren't even written by him he just helped out with. People also like to conveniently forget that he actually regretted his racist past later in life and it was not due to people bullying him about it. He had a supportive friend group that would challenge him on his beliefs.

Now for the game boycotting it actually hurts the devs. For one they still make more money based of the success of the game it's not a one and done thing. Second of all it would hurt their careers because they would now have that on their record that they worked on a failed game. Buying anything Harry Potter does not make you a racist or transphobe. Most people Who are bullying people who have bought or played the game or usually incredibly ignorant of the things that they buy and who they give support to. When the Force Awakens came out I went to theaters to watch that. Would I be an asshole who supports racism because they took Finn of the posters in China? Like me seeing that movie would be supporting the company doing that would it not? This is just an incredible stupid thing to go and bother people about because you can apply this same shit to almost anything you buy. On a final note I will say that yes I've seen Trans people on social media still going to play the game

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2023, 03:15:26 PMif you buy clothes made in China, Pakistan, Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka as so on, you supposedly support modern slavery?

Unironically, yes, you are literally financially supporting it and incentivizing it to continue by making those purchases. Trying to say "yeah but I don't like slavery" is somewhat immaterial to the discussion if you pay money to people who use slave labour anyway. You either admit you're prepared to ignore the issue for the convenience of fast fashion, which is an understandable position to take in this economy, by the way, or you live in denial.

Likewise, Rowling spreads rhetoric and funds and supports groups who are having a materially detrimental effect on the lives of a minority group who already have it pretty rough a lot of the time, and by making a purchase that sends her royalties, you are on some level supporting that.

What I find funny is that people who like harry potter are all too lame to know how to pirate which would totally sidestep the issue while letting them still play their slop.

BlueMarsalis79

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Since it's been officially released, I guess I can go ahead and declare that I have never played Hogwarts Legacy.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 13, 2023, 08:31:43 PMSince it's been officially released, I guess I can go ahead and declare that I have never played Hogwarts Legacy.

I have never read any of the books, seen any of the movies or played any of the games, simply because the franchise is cringe as f**k.

Even as a ten year old, I could tell it was some lame shit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 13, 2023, 08:34:58 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 13, 2023, 08:31:43 PMSince it's been officially released, I guess I can go ahead and declare that I have never played Hogwarts Legacy.

I have never read any of the books, seen any of the movies or played any of the games, simply because the franchise is cringe as f**k.

Even as a ten year old, I could tell it was some lame shit.

I was roped into seeing the first one by a friend.

Spoiler
We're no longer friends. >:(
[close]

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Yeah, it's just a sad reality that you have to accept that putting money in Rowlings pocket is going to end up going towards organizations and people that are actively trying to negatively effect trans people, because she's made it clear that that's what she wants to do.

I don't necessarily blame people for still being attached to the story and world, as someone who grew up loving the books and films. But I personally don't pretend that the issue isn't there, and my distaste for the creator and her being a blatant activist against the real people in the trans community outweighs any attachment to the fictional series that I have. So I choose not to support her.

Frankly, I'm glad I outgrew the series and have found other things to be interested in.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 13, 2023, 08:24:13 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2023, 03:15:26 PMif you buy clothes made in China, Pakistan, Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka as so on, you supposedly support modern slavery?

Unironically, yes, you are literally financially supporting it and incentivizing it to continue by making those purchases. Trying to say "yeah but I don't like slavery" is somewhat immaterial to the discussion if you pay money to people who use slave labour anyway. You either admit you're prepared to ignore the issue for the convenience of fast fashion, which is an understandable position to take in this economy, by the way, or you live in denial.

Likewise, Rowling spreads rhetoric and funds and supports groups who are having a materially detrimental effect on the lives of a minority group who already have it pretty rough a lot of the time, and by making a purchase that sends her royalties, you are on some level supporting that.

^ very well put

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2023, 05:45:21 PMYou're being oversensitive about it and clearly being influenced by emotions.

"You're being oversensitive about *checks notes* things that negatively affect you, personally, in real life. Stop it"

Lol.
Lmao, even.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Hogwarts Legacy

Ahhhhh nothing like being indecisive in the character creation part. I've gone through some of the start and so far it feels "okay", probably the reason I wouldn't go higher right now is likely because I'm spoiled by the much more impressive Elden Ring come to think of it as well as because I'm not really into Harry Potter so this is a casual experience for me.

And I have no further comment regarding the controversy, as the wise of the internet seem to agree that it's just an ugly situation all around where nobody can win, so really there's nothing to gain from continuing especially when everyone is as entrenched as they are.

Ingwar

Ingwar

During my last trip to Poland I brought with me some Harry Potter's gifts for my 8-year-old nice. She was over the moon as she loves HP stuff (she went to HP "school" last summer). Did I and my mother who paid for the school support transphobia? If so, then you have my condolences :)

It seems like some of you see world in black and white. That's very childish. You forget about something essential like intentions. I recently bought new laptop made in China. Does it make me communist regime supporter? Of course not. I just needed new laptop. That's all. The same applies to clothes. Buying clothes made by cheap labour doesn't make one slave supporter. One simply cannot afford to buy more expensive stuff (which by the way is also made in sweatshops anyway). One just needs to wear something.

I sincerely hope that the game will be a massive success and they gonna make second one :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I thought you guys would be too immersed in Forspoken to play anything else.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I'm playing Fallout 4 at the moment and I'm not interested in HP games. Never read them books or watched movies.

And when it comes to books some writers like King and Sapkowski (the Witcher) praise them highly for the style. I'm planning to read them somewhere in the distant future.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2023, 11:21:41 PMDuring my last trip to Poland I brought with me some Harry Potter's gifts for my 8-year-old nice. She was over the moon as she loves HP stuff (she went to HP "school" last summer). Did I and my mother who paid for the school support transphobia? If so, then you have my condolences :)

It seems like some of you see world in black and white. That's very childish. You forget about something essential like intentions. I recently bought new laptop made in China. Does it make me communist regime supporter? Of course not. I just needed new laptop. That's all. The same applies to clothes. Buying clothes made by cheap labour doesn't make one slave supporter. One simply cannot afford to buy more expensive stuff (which by the way is also made in sweatshops anyway). One just needs to wear something.

I sincerely hope that the game will be a massive success and they gonna make second one :)

It hits different when you're the one having your rights and bodily autonomy used as a political football, but continue enjoying the luxury of "it's not happening to me", by all means.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed